All User Roles contain Permissions that determine the access that a User has in Restaurant365. The default R365 User Roles below are provided as common Permission sets. These roles can be used as is, or they may be cloned as a starting point when creating Custom User Roles. R365 User Roles are always available for assigning to Users and cannot be edited or removed.
R365 User Roles are indicated with 'R365' after their name in the 'Select User Role' drop-down menu.
Users can be assigned to one or more User Roles. This allows for maintaining consistency in User Permissions for Users who wear multiple hats. Further fine-tuning at the User level can add or remove Permissions for individual Users who may need small adjustments to the Permissions granted by assigned User Roles.
Users can log in without being assigned to a User Role; however, they will not be able to view or access any portion of R365. For more information on assigning User Roles to Users, please refer to the User Setup, Security, and Location Access training.
R365 User Roles
The User Role descriptions below provide a synopsis of each default R365 User Role.
- Above Store Manager
- Accounting Admin
- Accounting Clerk
- AP Data Entry
- Employee App Access
- Full Access
- Full View Access
- Operations Admin
- Payment Run Approver
- Restaurant Manager
- Shift Lead
Above Store Manager
This User Role is designed for Users who manage operations for one or more Locations. This User Role is similar to the 'Restaurant Manager' User Role, with the following additional Permissions:
- Unlock AP Invoices and Credit Memos
- Add Tags/Edit Attachments/Unlock 'Locked' DSS
- View Docs w/Unassigned Location in Docs to Process
- Verify Item Setup
- Update Recipe Costs
- Unlock Inventory Counts
- Unlock Item Transfers
- View Distributions and Detail Amounts for Item Transfers and Waste Logs
- Edit Menu Items
- Send/Submit Purchase Orders
- Create Recipes
- Create Vendor Items
- Unlock/Void/Unvoid Waste Logs
- Edit GL Account on Jobs
- Edit/Publish Forecasts
- Edit Labor Matrix
- View Labor Dashboard
- Publish/Unpublish Schedules
This User Role is designed for Users who need access to almost all Accounting and Smart Ops functions in the system, as well as most 'Approve' Permissions.
This User Role does not contain Permissions related to the following:
- Unapproving Transactions
- Security and Permissions
- Most System Preferences
- Commissary Admin
This User Role is designed for Users who need access to almost all Accounting and Smart Ops functions in the system, but do not need 'Approve' Permissions.
This User Role does not contain 'Forecasts', 'Print Check', or 'Approve' Permissions.
- Note: Since this User cannot approve transactions, transactions they create will be set as 'Unapproved'.
AP Data Entry
This User Role is designed for Users who only need to create/edit AP Invoice and AP Credit Memos. Contains access only to 'AP Invoices', 'AP Credit Memos', and 'Docs to Process' within Accounting.
- Note: This User Role contains both the 'Access Restricted Vendors' and 'Access Restricted GL Accounts' Permissions.
- Note: This User Role can be used by external vendors to directly input AP Invoices and AP Credit Memos into R365.
- An example of the left navigation and top navigation menus for a User with only the 'AP Data Entry' User Role can be viewed in this example image
Employee App Access
Enables Users to access the R365 Mobile App.
- Note: An R365 User Record is automatically created with this User Role assigned for each employee that has 'App Access' checked on their Employee Record
Access to all functions in the system, without restrictions. Learn more about the 'Full Access' User Role here
Full View Access
This User Role is designed for Users who need view access to all executive-level pages and records.
- Note: This role does not contain view access for all pages. If a User needs view access to all pages/features/forms, it is recommended to create a Custom User Role by cloning this User Role and modifying it as needed. This User Role was formerly known as 'Read Only Executive'.
This User Role is designed for Users who will be maintaining the setup within Smart Ops and need access to almost all Smart Ops functions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Create/Edit/Delete Purchased Items
- Create/Edit/Delete Vendor Items
- Create/Edit/Delete Recipes
- Create/Edit/Delete Units of Measure
- Create/Edit/Merge Employees
- Create/Edit/Delete Labor Rules
- View/Edit Labor Matrix
- View Labor Dashboard
- Publish/Unpublish Schedules
- View/Edit/Publish Forecasts
- Approve/Unapprove Inventory Counts, Item Transfers, Waste Logs, and Prep Logs
- View/Create/Edit User Records
Payment Run Approver
Contains only the following Permissions within the 'Payment Runs' Permission Group:
- View Payment Runs
- Approve Payment Runs
- Unapprove Payment Runs
This User Role is designed for Restaurant Managers who need most Smart Ops accesses. This User Role contains view access for most Smart Ops pages, as well as access to the following:
- Create/Edit Commissary Orders
- Create/Edit/Complete/Delete AP Invoices and Credit Memos
- Complete/Delete DSS
- Access DSS JE
- Upload/Edit/Delete Docs to Process
- Create/Edit Inventory Counts and Inventory Templates
- Create/Edit/Complete/Reject Item Transfers and Item Transfer Templates
- Create/Edit/Delete Prep Logs, Memorized Prep Logs, and Prep Stations
- Create/Edit/Delete Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Templates
- Note: This User Role does not include Permission to 'Send Purchase Orders'
- Create/Edit/Complete Waste Logs and Waste Log Templates
- Create/Edit/Delete Announcements, Blackout Days, Departments, Events, Jobs, and Job Responsibilities
- Create/Edit/Merge Employee Records
- View Pay Rates
- Grant Employees App Access
- Map POS Employees
- Create/Edit/Delete Log Entries
- Add/Edit/Delete Shifts on Schedules
- Note: This User Role does not include Permission to 'Publish/Unpublish Schedules'
This User Role is designed for restaurant shift leads who only need limited Smart Ops access. This User Role contains view access for most Smart Ops pages within 'Food', 'Team', 'Labor', and 'Manager Log', as well as access to the following:
- Complete DSS
- Upload Docs to Process
- Create/Edit Inventory Counts
- Create/Edit/Complete/Reject Item Transfers
- Create/Edit Prep Logs
- Create/Edit Purchase Orders
- Create/Edit/Complete Waste Logs
- Create/Edit Log Entries
- View Schedules