The User Record is where all User specific information resides in the system. Once you have opened a User Record, information including User login and password, email, User roles, and primary Locations can be found here. Click here for more information on User Setup and Security.
Note: Only Users with the Security Role of User Setup will have the ability to manage other User Records. Individual Users will be able to perform limited updates on their personal User account. If there are necessary changes needed to a User Account, please contact the Accounting Team within your Organization for all User Setup requests.
Partner Channel Users will have an updated User record that can be viewed in the Partner Channel Users - Multi-Instance Login training article.
The 'General' tab is where the User Name, User Login and User Email are entered. Terminated Users can also be deactivated on this tab.
1) Full Name - The Full Name of the User
2) User Login - The Login ID for the User
- Note: This value is case-sensitive
3) Login Password - The Login Password for the User
- Note: This value is case-sensitive. Password Requirements: 1 Capital letter, 1 Special character, 7 Characters minimum
4) Default Location - The Default Location of the User. This is the Location that the User works at most regularly. This value will also set the Default Location for the Manager Daily Comment as well as other Manager functions throughout the system
5) Mobile Phone - The Mobile Phone number of the User
- Note: Ensure that this is entered in the following format: XXXXXXXXXX
6) User Email - The User Email Address. This is used for Password reset purposes as well as other email functions throughout the system
7) Inactive checkbox - In the event that a team member leaves your organization after being recorded in R365, the User record cannot be deleted but rather flagged as 'Inactive' by checking this checkbox. Once checked, the User's Security Roles will be removed to ensure that the User is unable to log in to the system
- Note: If a User was marked as active again, Security Roles would need to be added back to the User record to enable the User access to the system
The 'User Roles' tab is where Security and Report Roles can be added or removed for the User. To add a Security Role to the User, begin typing the name of the Security Role or click the drop-down to select the Security Role from the existing list. A User who needs full access to the system and all of its functions should have 'Full Access' toggled. Click here for more information on User Setup and Security.
Similarly, a User should type in the name of the Report Role or click the drop-down to select the correct Report Role. A User who needs full access to all reports should have 'All Reports' toggled. View more information on setting up Report Roles here.
The 'Locations' tab is where User Location access is managed. Locations can be added or removed by typing the name of the Location or by clicking the drop-down to select the Location from the list of existing Locations. A User who should have access to all Locations should have 'All Locations' toggled.
The 'Email Settings' tab contains the Outgoing Mail settings for the User's email address (located on the 'General' Tab). Providing Restaurant365 with the Outgoing Email settings for the User will enable the User Account to email various records and transaction links directly from within Restaurant365. Click here for the Email Settings Overview and here for a list of Common Webmail Provider SMTP Settings.
1) Email Password - The Email Account Password for the Email Address specified on the General tab of the User Record
2) Email Outgoing Mail Server - The Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server for the Email Address specified on the General tab of the User Record
3) Email Port - The SMTP Port for the Email Address specified on the General tab of the User Record
4) Email SSL Checkbox - Check the box to signify 'Yes' for Email SMTP services that require SSL/TLS