Start a new topic

Bank Deposits by Managers

I'd like to have our managers do daily bank deposits, and create those deposits in R365, but unless I assign them an accounting role, they don't have access to do so.  Has anyone else solved this and/or who does your bank deposits? 

Hey Eric, 

What Roles have you assigned to them?  If they have the restaurant manager role, they should have access to their DSS.  They can create a deposit in the deposit tab that will automatch to the bank activity.  You can create up to 5 deposits in 1 DSS.  See snapshot below:

If you have more questions and want to chat some more, here's a link to my calendar.  https://calendly.com/joetsynergy

Thank you

Joe Tidwell
Founder Synergy Management

J

Hi Joe,

They do have the Restaurant Manager role, and our deposits from every register close (Toast) are automatically recorded in those fields already:

And those amounts are posted to undeposited funds.  If we took them to the bank separately, then no problem, bank activity would match against undeposited funds.  But, we want to take a single daily deposit to the bank, not every register close deposit separately.

So, I was hoping that I could give them the ability to use the bank deposit function

to select those two transactions, and create a bank deposit.  Then bank activity will then auto match.

Does that make sense?  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Eric, 

Makes perfect sense, that's neat that you have each drawer closeouts flowing into the DSS separately.  It's giving the accountant some extra visibility into the cash each day as each deposit is reconciled with the bank.  

My first recommendation, would be to have whoever takes the deposit to the Bank deposit them separately, so they auto match.  That way if one of the cash drawers don't tie it's a pretty clear which closeout has the problem.  

Second option is again to have them go into the DSS and combine the deposit into a single deposit by overwriting the deposits field.

Third option is to give them access by giving them an accounting user role. A viable option if your Rest Manager can follow instructions and you're comfortable with them having access to the full system.  

Unfortunately there is no banking only UserRole, as usually if you have access to the banking then you can have access to the whole system.  Does that make sense?  

Joe Tidwell

Synergy Management

Hi Joe, 

After I gave it some thought, I did land on your suggestion #2, so thanks for the double check on that.

Seems to be working for us as I intended now.

Thanks!

Eric

Login or Signup to post a comment