This is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
With the Smart Ops Release comes the new Home page, which is the landing page for all Restaurant Managers and Schedulers. This page offers a direct link to several key features within R365 through House Shortcuts and lists all key metrics and tools so that Managers can limit their time navigating the system so that they can complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
While creating a new transaction or reviewing Sales and Labor data is only a click away, Users can view items that need attention by clicking the Alert flag that is listed in the top corner of the corresponding House Shortcut. Managers and Schedulers can also navigate the system via the lists provided in the left pane.
Click here for a printable guide of the Home Page.
Note: This upgrade will be rolled out to all R365 databases over the course of 2021. Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
Restaurant Managers and Schedulers will be auto-directed to the Home page upon login.
Higher level Users can navigate to the Home page by clicking the 'Smart Operations NEW!' button in either the Operations or Scheduling module.
Left Navigation Pane
The left navigation pane is another tool to navigate throughout the System. From this pane, Users have access to more records, templates, and transactions, depending on their security access.
To open the left navigation pane, click the menu icon in the top, left corner of the Home page next to the listed logo. This will open the left pane and display all features available to the User.
- Note: For more details about each listing in the left navigation pane, view the Smart Ops Release Overview & Security training article.
The Home page has five key sections: the Header, House Shortcuts, Daily Sales Metrics, Comment Tools box, and the Labor Lineup.
Home Page Header
The Home page header provides a Location selector, which lists all of the Locations that the User has access to, based on their User record settings. Users can select the desired Location and then update and/or enter details as needed for that Location from the Home page.
The Header also includes a greeting and the weather based on the selected Location's zip code.
1) House Shortcut - When clicked, these shortcuts will open the corresponding page, where transactions, records, and even schedules can be viewed, created, and updated. Users can click any of the following shortcuts to navigate to their respective areas:
2) Alert Icon - This icon signifies that an item or items belonging to the corresponding shortcut need attention. Clicking the icon will open the corresponding shortcut so that these items can be addressed. As items are edited and completed, the Alert Icon will update accordingly. The reasons that these items need attention are as follows:
- Transactions - The transaction status is marked as 'In Progress' for the Location and the current day
- Schedule - Requests need to be addressed in the Manager Queue
3) Quick Add - When this icon is clicked, a new transaction will be created and can be entered directly from the Home page. If this icon is clicked for the Schedule Shortcut, the Schedule Calendar will open to the following unscheduled week and prompt the User to start with a template or prior week
4) Source Link - When clicked, this will open the Reporting window where reports can be ran
5) Upload Documents - This enables Users to upload documents to Documents to Process by either dragging and dropping a file onto this box or clicking this box and selecting a file from their desktop computer
- Note: Ensure that the selected document is saved in one of the Supported File Types
Daily Sales Metrics
1) A Look at Yesterday - This first box lists key data from yesterday's Daily Sales Summary for a quick review
2) Complete DSS - When clicked, this button will open the previous day's DSS so that it can be reviewed and updated, if needed. If the previous day's DSS is already completed, this button will display as 'View DSS' and the red dot will be removed
- Note: Schedulers will be able to view these metrics but will not be able to open the DSS
3) Week to Date - This second box lists the Total Sales, Labor, and Over/Short amounts for the operational week up to the current polled DSS. Users can visually see Sales compared to Labor via the Sales and Labor Comparison Chart (#4)
4) Sales and Labor Comparison Chart - This chart compares the Total Sales against Labor for the week to date
5) Operations Dashboard - This will open the Operations Dashboard for a further look into Daily Sales and Labor data for the day
Comment Tools Box
From the Comment Tools Box, Users can input comments from the day, create Announcements, and list events that may have affected the restaurant for the current day.
1) Comments Tab - Users can view and enter any comments about the day in conjunction with the corresponding Daypart. This will be saved on the DSS
2) News Tab - Users can create and view existing Announcements for the selected Location and the current day
3) Events Tab - Users can view and enter any local events that may have caused a fluctuation in Sales and/or Labor
The Labor Lineup enables Users to view the amount of Employees scheduled for the day and during which Dayparts. Dayparts are displayed based on the Daypart setup in either the Labor Matrix, if Smart Labor is enabled, or the Schedule Calendar. If these are not setup, Dayparts will be pulled from settings entered on the Location record. If none of these options are setup, Dayparts will be displayed as follows:
- Breakfast - 12 am until 10 am
- Lunch - 10 am until 5 pm
- Dinner - 5 pm until midnight
There are six advanced functions in the Labor Lineup:
- Current Time Indicator - The solid blue, horizontal line displays the current time (based on the time zone selected on the Location record) so that Managers have a general idea of the Employees who should currently be working
- Overtime Indicator - When an Employee is about to hit Overtime, a red background will appear either during or after their shift to indicate the part of the shift when Overtime will begin. Managers can use the Hover Feature (#2) to view details about Overtime Hours, including Scheduled Overtime and/or additional hours that would count as Overtime
- Maxed Out OT - If an Employee is close to reaching Overtime, a red background will appear after the Employee's shift and a note about additional hours leading to Overtime will be displayed when using the Hover Feature (#2)
- Unassigned Shifts - Any Unassigned Shifts will be displayed with a grey background and outlined in red
- Print Feature - Managers can print the Daily Roster to see the times that Employees will be working by Daypart