This article is part of the Scheduling Module training. Click here for more information on the Scheduling Module
Shifts are the detailed Employee assignments on the Schedule. The Shift form is generally opened as a popup window on the Schedule screen, but can also be opened from other places in the application as described below.
Creating a Shift
Blank New Shifts can be created using the following methods:
- Right click a blank cell and select 'New'
- Click button in the header of the Schedule Calendar Screen
Copying a Shift
To Copy an existing Shift, right click on the Shift and select 'Copy':
Next, right click in the destination cell for the new Shift and choose 'Paste'. This will create a copy of that Shift and will change the Date to the destination Date:
Open an Existing Shift
Existing Shifts can be opened using the following methods:
- On the Schedule Calendar - double click on an existing Shift or right click and selecting 'Edit'
- On the Manager Queue - Shifts can be opened to Approve or Deny Requests such as Shift Trades, Shift Drops, and Open Shifts Bids
1) Job Selector - Select the Job for the Shift. This is a required field for any Shift
3) Rating Requirement - Set the Rating Requirement for the Shift. Ratings are set for Each Employee on the Job Record and are kept private from the Employee. Similar to Job Responsibilities, Ratings offer an additional layer of filtering so that you only see the correct Employees that are eligible to successfully fill the Shift
4) Employee Selector - Select the Employee that will be Assigned to the Shift. Only Employees that meet the existing requirements and are currently available (not Unavailable or already scheduled with another Shift at this same time) will be listed in the selector. This field can be left blank to save the Shift as an Unassigned Shift that will be filled at a later time. It is also recommended that when creating Shift Templates (see #8), that the Employee remain Unassigned for generic Shift Templates
5) Date Selector - Select the Date of the Shift. Note: if the Employee field is blank, the Unassigned Shift cannot be moved to a different day via 'drag and drop' on the Schedule Calendar. You must modify the Date value here on the Shift form in order to change the Date.
6) Start Time - Enter the Start Time for the Shift
7) End Time - Enter the End Time for the Shift
8) Create Template Checkbox - Check this box if this Shift will be used as a Template to more quickly fill out the Shift settings in the future. When checked, the 'Template Name' field will appear where you can enter a display name for the Template.
Templates are displayed directly above the Job Selector (#1) once the Job has been selected, as shown below:
9) Save & Cancel - Click the Save button to save the Shift, or Cancel to close the Shift Prompt without saving