This article is part of the Review and Approve Inventory Count function of the Inventory Counts feature.
When Inventory Count Variances is enabled, the system will identify Variances in an Inventory Count. Users will then need to review the Inventory Count Variances before completing an Inventory Count. This is an efficient way for Users to quickly view Count discrepancies without having to run AvT reports.
Users with the Inventory Count Variances feature will have the 'Variance Review' tab on the Inventory Count sheet, which must be reviewed before marking an Inventory Count as Complete.
This article covers the following:
Note: Inventory Count Variances must be enabled to use this feature. Contact your CSM or R365 Support to learn how Inventory Count Variances can enhance your R365 experience!
Inventory Count Variances can be reviewed from the 'Variance Review' tab of the Inventory Count sidesheet. To view the tab, click 'Review' from the top of the Inventory Count side sheet.
This will open the Count Review section directly to the Variance Review tab.
Variance Review Flags
There are two possible Variance Review notices:
- Review Actual
This notice will always appear when Inventory Count Variances is enabled. Clicking this notice will allow Users to review Actual Variances
- Review Theoretical
This notice will only appear if Users have set an Inventory Variance threshold on the Item Category form. When the Variance of a counted Item exceeds this threshold, Users will receive the Theoretical Review notice
Reviewing the Count Variances on the Variance Review tab requires Users to review both the Actual Variances and the Theoretical Variances. The Variance Review tab will have notifications to 'Review Actual' and 'Review Theoretical- #.'
- Note: The 'Review Theoretical' notice will include the number of different discrepancies found
Variances that have not been reviewed will be featured in yellow.
Once Variances are reviewed, the notices will turn green with a checkmark. Each notice must be clicked 3 times to be marked as Reviewed.
- Clicking a review notice one time will sort the list in ascending order based on the Actual/Theoretical column. This sort will allow Users to review Items that may have been missed in the Count
- Clicking a review notice a second time will sort the list in descending order based on Actual/Theoretical column. This sort will allow Users to review Items that may have been double counted
- Clicking a review notice a third time will have no sort
Users must review each Variance type. Users that attempt to mark an Inventory Count as 'Complete' without reviewing the Variances will be prompted with a notice to Review in order to Complete.
If there are no Variances identified, each notice will automatically be marked as Reviewed.
To 'Review Actual,' click the appropriate notification bar. Clicking the notification flag will automatically filter the table, and Users will see the following:
1) Item Name - The name of the Item
2) Date Last Counted - The date that the specific Item was last logged or counted in Inventory
3) Actual - The actual Item amount used
4) Previous Qty - The previously reported quantity of the item
5) Purchases - The amount of each item that was purchased
6) Transfers - The amount of each time that was transferred to / from that Location
7) Current Qty - The current quantity of the Item
To 'Review Theoretical,' click the appropriate notification bar. Clicking the notification flag will automatically filter the table, and Users will see the following:
1) Item Name - The name of the Item
2) Efficiency % - The theoretical cost over the actual cost of an item. This shows how efficiently this item is being used
3) Current Qty - The current quantity of the Item
4) Actual - The actual Item amount used
5) Theoretical - The theoretical item amount used
6) Variance - The difference between the theoretical amount and Actual Amount used