To learn more about this feature, view the Custom Labor Forecasting Overview training article.
When Custom Labor Forecasting is enabled, the Scheduler will include a variety of additional features that will shift its appearance. These features include advanced Sales and Labor Forecasts, which are derived from using the Custom Sales Forecasting and Custom Labor Forecasting advanced metrics, respectively, along with the variance of Sales and Labor in both week and day views.
This article complements the New Scheduling: Schedule Calendar training by reviewing these added features to the Scheduler when Custom Labor Forecasting is used.
Sales and Labor Forecast Header
1) OT Hours - The amount of over time scheduled for the week
2) Fixed Labor Var - The total variance of Fixed Labor Jobs. When negative, the text will be displayed in red
- Note: When hovering over the variance amount, a tool tip will appear that lists the Jobs that make up that variance
3) Sales - The Sales Forecast for the week (first column) or day (the following columns)
4) Labor - This value is calculated based on the Advanced Metrics settings fund in 'View & Template Options'. These metrics include:
- Burdened - Labor Estimates are calculated using (Employee Hours * Pay Rate) + All Percentage Estimates (Employee Benefit percentages per the Labor Estimates on the Location Record or when utilizing Departments, on the Department Record, and Management Estimates (including Management Benefits))
- Unburdened- Labor Estimates are a straight calculation of Hours * Pay Rate for all Employees. No Management Estimates or Benefits included
5) Labor +/- - The difference between the Labor % Goal and Labor %. Labor % Goal is found on the Location record on the Goals tab (or when utilizing Departments, on the Department Record) where a goal can be entered for labor as a percent of sales for each day of the week. When negative, the text will be displayed in red
- Note: When hovering over 'Labor', the Labor % Goal will appear in a tool tip
6) Labor Forecast - The total Labor Forecast for that week (first column) or day (the following columns)
7) Total Staff +/- - The variance between the total Forecasted Labor and the total Scheduled Labor. When this equals zero, a green check mark will appear. Otherwise, the variance will display in red
A User is given a detailed look into the Sales and Labor data each hour during the selected day's Operating Hours when the view has been toggled to 'Day'. The Forecasts with '$-' indicate that there are no Sales forecasted for the hour, causing no Labor to be forecasted as well. This typically occurs outside of Operating Hours or when a Custom Labor Forecast has not been generated yet.
Labor Breakdown by Job
Users who create a Custom Labor Matrix by Job Code will be able to view those Job Code Labor Forecasts individually on the Schedule underneath 'Labor Forecast' for both the Day and Week Views. Therefore, the 'Labor Forecast' total row will display the sum of only the Job Codes that are displayed, and the 'Total Staff +/-' variance row will only compare shifts from the Job Codes that are displayed against this filtered total row.