The Location Record is where the Location-specific information for each Location resides in the system. Once you have opened a Location Record, the General Tab of the record will be displayed.
In addition to the information found on the General tab, Default Accounts, Goals, Day Parts, and Breaks & Splits tabs are available to users. Click here for more information on how to Create a New Location.
Each Location in Restaurant365 will exist as a Location record, found in the 'Locations' list, under the 'Administration' section in the Accounting module.
Upon selecting the 'Locations' list, the Locations grid with populate with each Location in your Organization. To open a Location Record, double click on the Location record and it will open in a new tab. To open a Location Profile, click the blue iconnext to the desired Location Name. Click here to learn about the Location Profile.
If Sales and Labor data should be pulled for a Location, ensure to update the 'POS Import Type' field on the 'General' tab and other POS Integration Settings in preparation for POS Implementation. Without updating this information, DSS records cannot be polled into your R365 instance. Click here to learn more about POS Import Type.
Jump to Section
Choose one of the following Location tabs to review its information:
On the General tab the Location Name and Number, contact information, POS Import Type and other Restaurant365 Location settings will be established.
1) Location Name - The value in this field will be the display name for your Location. Location Name must be unique.
2) Location Number - The value in this field will be the Location number. In 'Preferences', on the 'Miscellaneous' tab (accessed via the 'Administration' menu on the top navigation), you have the option of displaying locations by 'Name Only', or 'Number first then Name' (both options shown below)
3) Legal Entity - Select the Legal Entity to which this Location pertains
4) Client - If included on the Location record, select the Client to which this Location pertains. This field works in conjunction with the Client Record and is not required
- Note: Only one Client can be connected to one Location unless the 'Set for All Locations' toggle is clicked in the Client record
5 - 13) Address and Contact Info - Fields 5 through 13 are for Location Address and Contact information. This address information will be displayed when AR Invoices are generated for this Location.
14) Sales Tax Rate - The value in this field, entered as a whole number, will reflect the Sales Tax Rate, or Percent, for this Location. For example, a Sales Tax Rate of 8% would be entered as '8'
15) Location Manager - Once the Location has been POS Integrated, employee information will populate in to the system (for POS systems that track labor). In this field the Location Manager can be selected from the list of employees. This enables restaurant organizations that are utilizing the Scheduling Module in Restaurant365 to assign a Location Manager to receive push notifications for requests. Click here for more information on the Scheduling Module, and here for more information on Scheduling Requests. For non-labor tracking POS systems, Employee records can be created manually, which would then allow a Location Manager to be assigned to a Location. Click here for more information on how to Create Employee Records
16) Date Established - This is the date that this Location was established
17) Commissary - For restaurant groups utilizing the Commissary Module in Restaurant365, the Commissary Location for this Location is selected in this field. Click here for more information on the Commissary Module
18) Comp Start Date - Comparison Start Date. For Locations open more than one year, they are considered 'comparable' with their prior years data being available in the system. When a Location reaches this benchmark, the Comp Start Date can be selected here, then going forward on various reports in Restaurant365, this Location will be listed with the Comp Locations, as opposed to the non-Comp Locations
19) Comp End Date - Comparison End Date. If a Location is closing temporarily or permanently, you can specify a Comp End Date in this field to indicate that this Location will no longer appear in the Comp Locations on various reports
20) POS Import Type - Each Location has the option to be POS integrated. Some Locations will not need POS integration, as they are not Operations Locations. This field is where the user can select the type of POS import for this Location. The three options are: None, Sales, and Sales and Labor. By selecting a value other than 'None', additional tabs appear on the Location Record. Below are screenshots showing the difference in the Location Record depending on the selection in this field
A) None - With 'None' selected, no additional tabs appear
B) Sales - With 'Sales' selected, 'POS Integration Settings' tab appears
C) Sales and Labor - With 'Sales and Labor' selected, both 'Labor Estimates', and 'POS Integration Settings' appear
21) Catering Item Type Template - Select the Catering Item Template that will be assigned to the Location. Click here for more information on Catering
22) Location Type - Select the Location Type for the Location. Location Types determine how this Location will be used throughout R365. Click here for more information on Location Types, options include:
- Accounting Entity
- Note: Ensure that all Restaurant Locations have this field set to 'Restaurant' to gain access to current and future Operations screens
23) Food Type - This field is a placeholder for future development and will allow you to identify the Food type for the Location
24) Edit Location Profile - This profile includes additional details about your restaurant, which can be used to compare your restaurant's performance to other restaurants with the same attributes. Click here to learn more about the Location Profile
- Note: This link will only show if the Location Type (#22) is set to Restaurant
25) Enable R365 Messaging - Check this box to turn on R365 Employee Messaging for all active Employees at this Location
- Note: This checkbox is hidden if Scheduling is not enabled for your database
26) Exclude From Scheduling - This will exclude this Location from the following:
- Labor Matrix
- Hourly Forecasting
- Request Cutoffs
- Blackout Days
- Labor Dashboard
- Manager Queue
- R365 Messaging
- Note: This checkbox is hidden if Scheduling is not enabled for your database
On the Default Accounts tab users will set the Default Checking, Over/Short, Deposit, and Credit Expected Accounts
1) Checking Account - Select your default Checking Account for this Location here. If no accounts are available, your bank accounts on the GL have not been set up correctly. Click here to review Bank Account Setup, and Bank Creation
2) Deposit Account (Undeposited Funds) - Select your Deposit Account here. As a best practice in Restaurant365, we recommend using Undeposited Funds as opposed to a checking account
3) Over/Short Account - Select your Over/Short account here
4) Credit Expected Account - Select your Credit Expected account here. In Restaurant365, you can track credits that are owed to you. This will be the account where those credits will reside for this Location
The Labor Estimates tab appears when POS Import Type is set to Sales and Labor (as shown in the General section). On this tab Accrued Payroll, Manager Payroll, and Payroll Tax, Benefit, and Other settings are established for the Location
1) Accrued Payroll Account - Select your Accrued Payroll Account here. Restaurant365 can keep track of your daily labor costs (when utilizing a POS system where Labor is tracked) and post a daily labor accrual to this specified account
2) Daily Manager Salary - To obtain a true daily snapshot of your labor costs, salaried employee wages must be captured as well. Restaurant365 can account for the Daily Manager Salary expense via a static amount we enter as a number value in this field. As an example, if a salaried management labor expense for the week is $1000, that amount would be divided by 7, the number of days in the week. $1000 / 7 = $143.00. Users would enter 143 as their Daily Manager Salary. Conversely Users can divide the annual salary for their manager by 365 to capture the Daily Manager Salary ($52,195/365 = $143.00)
3) Manager Payroll Account - Select the Manager Payroll Account in which the Daily Manager Salary will be recorded
4) Payroll Location ID - Enter the payroll number associated with this Location, which is found on the Payroll Connect window
5) Payroll Tax % Estimate - Enter the Payroll Tax Percent Estimate for this location here (8% = 8)
6) Payroll Tax Estimate Account - Select the Payroll Tax Estimate Account in which the Payroll Tax % Estimate will be recorded
7) Payroll Benefit % Estimate - Enter the Payroll Benefit Percent Estimate for this location here (2.5% = 2.5)
8) Payroll Benefit Estimate Account - Select the Payroll Benefit Estimate Account in which the Payroll Benefit % Estimate will be recorded
9) Payroll Other % Estimate - Enter the Payroll Other Percent Estimate for this location here (1.5% = 1.5). This is commonly used for Worker's Compensation
10) Payroll Other Estimate Account - Select the Payroll Other Estimate Account in which the Payroll Other % Estimate will be recorded
POS Integration Settings
The POS Integration Settings tab appears when the POS Import Type is set to 'Sales' or 'Sales and Labor' (as shown in the General section). On this tab additional POS settings such as Petty Cash in Daily Close, Pay Tips with Payroll and Overtime Tracking values are set. Click here for more information about POS Integration Settings.
1) POS System - Select the name of the POS system this Location utilizes
2) Download Setup - This button is solely used during implementation and at the request of a POS Integration Specialist to download the R365 Connect Installer. Click here to learn more about using the R365 Connect Installer
3) Polling Period - When Intraday Polling is enabled, the number of Locations with this active feature will be displayed alongside the two options below:
- Previous Day - This is the default option and will display the Sales and Labor data for the previous day in the Smart Labor Experience
- Current Day (XXX)- This will display what the selected POS is capable of. Options include:
- Current Day (Not Available) - The POS is not capable of providing current day data or the integration has not been set up for the current day
- Current Day (Hourly) - The POS is only capable of hourly updates
- Current Day (30 minutes) - The POS can only provide updates every half hour
- Current Day (15 minutes) - The POS is capable of providing updates every 15 minutes. This is the most real-time option available
4) POS Import Start - Select the Go Live Date in R365. The POS Integration tool will import DSSs starting on this Date (if the data is available). Sample Data will be polled to use for testing purposes
- Note: The POS Integration tool continually looks back at the previous 30 days to see if any DSS records are missing or updated. During initial setup, the previous 30 days worth of DSSs will be imported after your integration has been completed. When you arrive at your Go Live date, you can delete the test data. The POS Integration tool will no longer import test data from before the date set on this field.
5) POS Group - select the POS Group for the Location. This field is typically left blank, except for Enterprise Customers with 100 or more Locations. Click here for more information on POS Groups
6) Schedule Writeback - Check this box to enable the Schedule Writeback feature, where schedules created in R365 can be sent to the POS to limit early clock-in and gain more control over Labor costs
7) Petty Cash In Daily Close - Check this box to include two additional value fields on the Deposit tab in the Daily Sales Summary (DSS) for this Location. Typically organizations that use Petty Cash in Daily Close are paying out non-cash tips (credit card tips) in excess of their cash receipts for the day. The remaining non-cash tips are then funded From Petty Cash, depleting the Petty Cash balance. In the event that the cash receipts for the day were sufficient to cover non-cash tips, the excess cash could be deposited To Petty Cash, increasing the Petty Cash balance. By checking this box, the following value fields are included on all DSS files for this location: To Petty Cash and From Petty Cash
Click here for more information on the DSS. Any DSS file that has been imported prior to this box being checked will not have the 'To Petty Cash' or 'From Petty Cash' value fields. If you need to retroactively add these value fields to your previously-imported DSS file, the DSS will need to be deleted and re-imported. Work with your Setup Coach to determine if the POS Data is still available and can be re-imported.
8) Pay Tips With Payroll - Check this box if your organization pays tips via payroll. This will create a line item on the DSS Journal Entry where tips are recorded as a liability in the account specified in the Tips Payable Account value field (#12). When entering a Payroll Journal Entry, tips will then be disbursed. Click here for more information on Payroll Journal Entries
9) DTS Checkbox - Checking this indicates whether DTS (Data Transfer Service) needs to be installed on the physical Location to help integration run properly
10) Till Management - Check this box for any Location that utilizes Till Management in the Smart Ops Release
11) POS Import Time - Set the daily DSS import time for this Location. Import Time should be set to a time after your POS has run end of day. A common Import Time for most Locations is 3 or 4 AM.
- Note: The DSS being imported at this time is the prior day's sales, not the current day's sales
12) Start of Business Day Time - Start time for the Business Day within R365.
- Note: The Start of Day configurations are viewable on the Start of Day Page.
- Note: The Start of Business Day Time should match the POS End of Day Time and be earlier than the POS Import Time.
13) Effective Date - Date that the Start of Business Day Time is effective for the Location
14) Petty Cash Account - Select the Petty Cash Account in which Petty Cash debits/credits will be recorded for this Location
16) Punch Edits - This field only appears when Punch Edits have been enabled for your organization and dictates how punch edits are managed for this Location. Options include:
- Managed in POS
- Managed in R365
18) Overtime Tracking - The selection made here will determine how OT values are calculated and displayed on the Labor tab of the DSS. :
- Tracked in POS - Any OT Calculations will occur on the POS and OT Values will be imported after they have been calculated on the POS. R365 will not perform any OT calculations
- R365 OT Rules - R365 will calculate OT values based on the User-created OT Rules setup on the 'Overtime Rules' tab of the Admin page in the Smart Ops Release
- Note: If your Organization is utilizing R365 Punch Edits, this option will be the only available option
- Note: The 'Over 40 hrs/wk' and 'Over 8 hrs/day and 40/wk' options were deprecated in May 2023. Any Locations using these options have been converted to R365 OT Rules.
19) Sales Account Import Type - The type of Sales Account that is imported from the POS. This feature is only available for certain POS systems that provide data. Click here for more information on Sales Account Import Types. This field has three options:
20) Payment Type Import Type - The type of Payment Type that is imported from the POS. This feature is only available for certain POS systems that provide data. Click here for more information on Payment Type Import Types. This field has two options:
- Revenue Center
On the Goals tab Labor %, Sales Increase, and Daily Target Avg Check can be identified for each Location. Additionally Sales and Labor % Goals can be entered by day. The values entered on the Goals tab are used on the Weekly Sales & Labor report (found in My Reports, in the Sales section), as well as the Schedule Calendar in the Scheduling Module. With the release of New Scheduling, SPLH Goals and Labor % Goals can also be set on the Department record
1) Status Based On - This selector was used on legacy Operations reports and is currently deactivated. It will be removed or re-purposed in the future
2) Labor % Goal - Enter the Labor Percent Goal for the Location
3) Sales per Labor Hour Goal - Enter the SPLH Goal for the Location. SPLH Goals are used to determine Suggested Hours in the Scheduling Module.
4) Sales Increase % Goal - Enter the Sales Increase Percent Goal for the Location
5) Daily Target Avg Check - Enter the Daily Target Average Check amount for the Location
6) Enable Smart Labor for this Location - Check this box to enable this Location to be used in the Smart Labor Experience window
7) Sales Goal by Day - Enter Sales Goals by Day for the Location
8) Labor % Goal by Day - Enter the Labor Percentage Goals by Day for the Location. Can also be set on the Department record
Each Location can have separate and distinct Day Parts. Create and manage Day Parts on the Day Parts tab. Click here for more information on Day Parts
1) Day Part Name - Enter the Day Part Name
- Note: The Flash Report - Advanced Report will only contain DSS data from Day Parts with the names of 'Lunch' or 'Dinner'
2) Day Part Start Time - Enter the Day Part Start Time (End Time will be determined by the next Day Part Start Time)
3) Day Part Avg Check Goal - Enter the Avg Check Goal for this Day Part
Breaks & Split
The Breaks & Split tab was deprecated in May of 2023. Break and Split Shift Rules are now configured on the Smart Ops Labor Admin page.
The documentation for the deprecated Breaks & Split tab can be found here.
Location Reporting Categories are custom categories set in System Preferences or on the Setup Assistant. These categories are the Parent Reporting Categories, which can be customized for your organization's use. Any Parent Location Reporting Categories that have been created will be listed on this tab along with a selector to choose the option within the Category. Click here to learn more about Location Reporting Categories.
The Additional Info tab will appear if you have set up 'Location Additional Info' categories in System Preferences.
These fields can be used for identification and reference on the Location Record. There are 3 numeric fields and 2 text-based fields available for use and customization.
The Active Logs tab contains a list of all available Logs from the Manager Log Module. The Logs can be toggled to be Active for the Location on this tab. Click here for more information on Manager Log.
The Status tab enables Admin Users to mark the Location as inactive. From this tab, Users can mark the Location as unavailable on AP/AR Invoices, AP/AR Credit Memos, and Journal Entries, ensuring that no AP/AR Transaction is tied to a closed store. Click here to learn more about inactivating a Location.
Important Note: Transaction templates, such as Spreading Transactions, Memorized Transactions, GL Allocation, Preset Allocation, Reversal Transactions, and Voiding Transactions, will still be created for inactive Locations, but an error message will appear when the transaction is opened to alert the User that the Location is inactive and a new Location needs to be selected.
A new 'Status' column will be listed in the Locations grid to display which Locations are fully active or partially active. This column will be listed before the 'Created By' column but can be moved as needed to better display active Locations. The available statuses include:
- Active - No transactions are selected as inactive on the Location's 'Status' tab
- Partially Inactive - At least one transaction is selected as inactive on the Location's 'Status' tab
The Locations grid can be opened by clicking 'Locations' under 'Administration' in the Accounting module.