The Notes tab of the Employee Record lists all Log Entries where the Employee was tagged. Employee Notes can be for a variety of reasons, such as 'No Show', 'Late for Shift', 'Exceptional Service', and more.
- Note: When the New Manager Log is enabled and a Log Entry is created and tied to an Employee who is also a Manager, that Log Entry will be hidden from their view when reviewing this tab.
While the 'Notes' tab is where all records are stored for a specific Employee, Restaurant Managers cannot create an Employee Note on this tab. Rather, they can be created in the Logbook or Daily Sales Summary.
Creating Employee Notes in Smart Ops
Logbook: Log Entries
Follow these steps to create an Employee Note as part of a Log Entry:
- Open a new Log Entry
- Select 'Employees' as the Category
- Complete the required Log Entry fields
- Check the 'DSS Entry' checkbox
- Click 'Post'
Daily Sales Form - Labor Review
Follow these steps to create an Employee Note as part of reviewing the DSS Labor Summary:
- Open the DSS for the applicable day
- Click on the 'Labor' section
- Click an Employee's name
- Click on 'Tell us something we should know'
- Enter in any comment
- Click 'Post'
Creating Employee Notes in Classic Operations
- Classic Daily Sales Summary: 'Labor' Tab - Select the desired Employee, type the Employee Note, then click 'Save Note'. This option is only available when the Classic Manager Log or no Manager Log is enabled for the database.
- Classic Manager Log: Daily Overview - Open the Daily Overview, then click 'Labor'. This is linked to a listing of all Employees who worked for that day. Select the desired Employee, type the Employee Note, then click 'Save Note'. This option is only available when the Classic Manager Log is enabled for the database.