Review the Operations Do's and Don'ts to help you stay successful with Operations in R365!
Units of Measure
- Do use what already exists and create only what is necessary.
- Do think about the measure type the UofM should be in: Weight, Volume, or Each?
- Don't make a UofM equal to 1 Each unless it actually is.
- Do remember to categorize items for Ops reports
- Don't make a new item without checking to see if it already exists.
- Don't have duplicate purchase items – #1 goal for database longevity.
- Do stay ahead of new Vendor Items – check the To do Checklist, Vendor Items list view, or inside the invoices to map new Vendor Items.
- Do ensure to add splits when necessary.
- Don't use 'Each' or 'Case' as the UofM when mapping. Always be sure to use the correct pack size for correct costing.
- Do count all items on the template every count. Journal Entries are adjustments from the previous count so not counting a group of items will increase food cost.
- Do review counts! Follow this review process to find and correct costing errors.
- Don't approve a count without reviewing it first.
- Ingredients will be entered on the 'Ingredients' tab, and Recipes will be entered on the 'Recipes' tab.
- Do ensure the yield quantity and UofM is correct for what the output is for the recipe.
- Don't create a yield other than 1 Each for a Menu Item.
- Do build out menu item recipes one category at a time and use the Menu Item Analysis report to check your margins.
- Do keep the POS buttons the same as new Locations are opened for the same concept.