This feature is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
The New Purchase Orders feature enables Users the ability to view and create both Purchase Orders and Templates from one window. From the 'Orders' tab, Users can view a listing of all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders while the 'Templates' tab displays all User-created Purchase Order Templates. Both tabs allow the User to see a quick-view into each order's details and create a new Purchase Order or Template on the fly.
A Purchase Order can be created either manually or from a template with a pre-defined set of terms arranged in a specific order. Once created, the quantities to order from a Vendor can either be suggested by R365 or manually entered as needed.
Items with quantities that extend beyond the normal quantity range will have an Alert Icon listed next to the item on the 'Review' tab of the Vendor Items listing in a Purchase Order. This then allows Reviewers to easily find and assess any discrepancies before finalizing an order. Once orders are finalized, they can be marked as 'Submitted', and the Purchase Order will then be sent directly to the Vendor via email.
The New Purchase Orders feature allows for easier navigation and functionality when creating Purchase Orders. Future Enhancements allow for the use of Shopping Lists and direct PO Invoicing. Contact your Coach or CSM if you are interested in this new feature.
Click here for a printable guide on Purchase Orders.
Learn more about Security Roles here.
Access to both Purchase Orders and Memorized Purchase Orders is found in Smart Ops. To navigate there, first click 'Smart Operations NEW!' listed in either the Operations or Scheduling module.
- Note: Users with the 'Restaurant Manager' or 'Scheduler' Primary Security Role will be automatically directed to the Home page upon logging into the system.
In the left navigation pane, click 'Orders' under 'Food' to open the Orders page. From this page, Users can create a new Purchase Order or Purchase Order Template and view a listing of all Orders and Templates by clicking their respective tab.
To get started with Purchase Orders, please proceed with the following steps:
- Contact R365 Support to enable Purchasing Orders (if it is not already enabled)
- Set User Security Access using the 'Security' section above as a guide
- Setup (or review) your Vendor Items. A Vendor Item must exist for all Items/Vendors that will be ordered via Purchase Orders. In addition to this, check the 'Primary' box for larger Vendor Items that might send multiple sub-items and sest up Contract Pricing in order to have a locked in price per PO
- Add Vendor email addresses to the Vendor Records in order to submit Purchased Orders from R365. If all Locations share a single Vendor representative, enter in the email address on the 'General' tab of the Vendor record. If all Locations have different Vendor representatives, enter in the email addresses per Location on the 'Location' tab of the Vendor record
- Begin building out Purchase Order Templates!
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) 'Orders' Tab - On this tab, all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders are listed in reverse chronological order for all Locations. From this list, Users can get a quick-view into the Purchase Orders' details, filter for a specific order, and even navigate to the Purchase Order's corresponding AP Invoice, if already processed. New Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Templates can be created from this tab
2) 'Templates' Tab - On this tab, all User-created Purchase Order Templates will be listed along with a quick-view into their template details. From this list, Users can filter for a specific template and view which templates were most recently used. The available functions (#4, #13-18) are also available on this tab
3) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
New Purchase Orders: Create a Purchase Order Template
Purchased Order Templates are memorized Purchase Orders that can be scheduled to automatically recreate on a specific day each week, if needed. Click here to learn more about Purchase Order Templates.
New Purchase Orders: Create and Enter an Order
Purchase Orders can be easily created as needed to reflect the immediate needs of your Restaurant Organization. Click here to learn how to create and enter a Purchase Order.
New Purchase Orders: Review and Submit an Order
It is always best practice to review a Purchase Order before submitting it to your Vendor. Alert Icons, which appear when the variance between a previous and current item quantity extends outside a normal variance, provides the Reviewer guidance on any potential discrepancy. Click here to learn how to review a Purchase Order.
New Purchase Orders: Cancel an Order
If a Purchase Order needs to be canceled, it can be done so at any time by following these guidelines. Click here to learn how to cancel an Order.