The New Purchase Orders feature enables Users the ability to view and create both Purchase Orders and Templates from one window. From the 'Orders' tab, Users can view a listing of all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders while the 'Templates' tab displays all User-created Purchase Order Templates. Both tabs allow the User to see a quick-view into each order's details and create a new Purchase Order or Template on the fly.
A Purchase Order can be created either manually or from a template with a pre-defined set of terms arranged in a specific order. Once created, the quantities to order from a Vendor can either be suggested by R365 or manually entered as needed.
Items with quantities that extend beyond the normal quantity range will have an Alert Icon listed next to the item on the 'Review' tab of the Vendor Items listing in a Purchase Order. This then allows Reviewers to easily find and assess any discrepancies before finalizing an order. Once orders are finalized, they can be marked as 'Submitted', and the Purchase Order will then be sent directly to the Vendor via email.
The New Purchase Orders feature allows for easier navigation and functionality when creating Purchase Orders. Future Enhancements allow for the use of Shopping Lists and direct PO Invoicing. Contact your Coach or CSM if you are interested in this new feature.
Note: This feature is only available to Early Adopters at this time. During this Early Adopter phase, both versions of Purchase Orders will be available for Users to utilize. If you are interested in becoming an R365 Early Adopter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Our next round is coming December 2020!
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, Import, and Delete Purchase Orders:
- Accounting Manager
- Full Access
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, and Import Purchase Orders:
- Accounting Clerk
- Restaurant Manager
Users with the following Primary Security Role will only be able to View Purchase Orders:
- Read Only Operations
Secondary Security Roles, such as Submit Purchase Order or Prohibit AP Changes, can provide additional or restricted security access.
Access to both Purchase Orders and Memorized Purchase Orders is found under 'Purchases' in the Operations module. To view all open, submitted, and invoiced Purchase Orders or create a new Purchase Order, click 'Purchase Orders V2'. To view all User-created Purchase Order Templates or create a new Purchase Order Template, click 'Memorized Purchase Orders V2'.
Purchase Orders Management Page
The Purchase Orders Management page will either open to the 'Orders' tab or 'Templates' tab, depending on the selection made while navigating to this feature. The functions available for the 'Orders' tab are also available on the 'Templates' tab.
1) 'Orders' Tab - On this tab, all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders are listed in reverse chronological order for all Locations. From this list, Users can get a quick-view into the Purchase Orders' details, filter for a specific order, and even navigate to the Purchase Order's corresponding AP Invoice, if already processed. New Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Templates can be created from this tab
2) 'Templates' Tab - On this tab, all User-created Purchase Order Templates will be listed along with a quick-view into their template details. From this list, Users can filter for a specific template and view which templates were most recently used. The available functions (#4, #13-18) are also available on this tab
3) 'Shopping Lists' Tab - This tab is a placeholder for future enhancements
4) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered in this field
5) Selection Box - This is a placeholder for future enhancements
6) Vendor Name - The name of the Vendor that this Purchase Order is for
7) PO Number - The number assigned to this Purchase Order
8) Status - The status of the Purchase Order. Options include:
- Open - This means that the order needs to be reviewed and submitted. Orders with this status can be deleted
- Submitted - This means that the order has been sent or is ready to be sent to the Vendor via email to await invoicing
- Invoiced - This means that the order has been invoiced in R365. This status and the displayed Invoice Number (#11) will be hyperlinked to the corresponding AP Invoice
9) Location - The Location assigned to the Purchase Order
10) Amount - The total cost of the items selected on the Purchase Order
11) Invoice Number - The number assigned to the Purchase Order's corresponding AP Invoice
12) Order Date - The date the Purchase Order was created
13) Submitted By - The User who submitted the Purchase Order
14) Submitted On - The date and time that the Purchase Order was submitted
16) Table Views -This is a placeholder for future enhancements
17) Filter - This displays a modal where the User can filter the listing for the characters entered in one or more of the displayed columns and/or the following non-displayed columns:
- Delivery Date
- Created On
- Created By
- Modified On
- Modified By
18) Columns - This displays a modal with a listing of all possible column headers. Users can select or deselect column headers to choose whether they should be displayed or hidden, respectively, from the list view. Additionally, columns can be rearranged by clicking the rearrange iconnext to the desired column header and then dragging and dropping it in the desired order
19) Excel Download - This will download the listing to Excel
20) Refresh - This will refresh the listing
New Purchase Orders: Create a Purchase Order Template
Purchased Order Templates are memorized Purchase Orders that can be scheduled to automatically recreate on a specific day each week, if needed. Click here to learn more about Purchase Order Templates.
New Purchase Orders: Create and Enter a Purchase Order
Purchase Orders can be easily created as needed to reflect the immediate needs of your Restaurant Organization. Click here to learn how to create and enter a Purchase Order.
New Purchase Orders: Review a Purchase Order
It is always best practice to review a Purchase Order before submitting it to your Vendor. Alert Icons, which appear when the variance between a previous and current item quantity extends outside a normal variance, provides the Reviewer guidance on any potential discrepancy. Click here to learn how to review a Purchase Order.