This feature is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
The New Purchase Orders feature enables Users the ability to view and create both Purchase Orders and Templates from one window. From the 'Orders' tab, Users can view a listing of all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders while the 'Templates' tab displays all User-created Purchase Order Templates. Both tabs allow the User to see a quick-view into each order's details and create a new Purchase Order or Template on the fly.
A Purchase Order can be created either manually or from a template with a pre-defined set of terms arranged in a specific order. Once created, the quantities to order from a Vendor can either be suggested by R365 or manually entered as needed.
Items with quantities that extend beyond the normal quantity range will have an Alert Icon listed next to the item on the 'Review' tab of the Vendor Items listing in a Purchase Order. This then allows Reviewers to easily find and assess any discrepancies before finalizing an order. Once orders are finalized, they can be marked as 'Submitted', and the Purchase Order will then be sent directly to the Vendor via email.
The New Purchase Orders feature allows for easier navigation and functionality when creating Purchase Orders. Future Enhancements allow for the use of Shopping Lists and direct PO Invoicing. Contact your Coach or CSM if you are interested in this new feature.
Note: This feature is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, Import, and Delete Purchase Orders:
- Accounting Manager
- Full Access
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, and Import Purchase Orders:
- Accounting Clerk
- Restaurant Manager
Users with the following Primary Security Role will only be able to View Purchase Orders:
- Read Only Operations
Secondary Security Roles, such as Submit Purchase Order or Prohibit AP Changes, can provide additional or restricted security access.
Access to both Purchase Orders and Memorized Purchase Orders is found in Smart Ops. To navigate there, first click 'Smart Operations NEW!' listed in either the Operations or Scheduling module.
- Note: Users with the 'Restaurant Manager' Primary Security Role will be automatically directed to the Smart Ops home screen upon logging into the system.
In the left navigation pane, click 'Orders' under 'Food' to open the Orders page. From this page, Users can create a new Purchase Order or Purchase Order Template and view a listing of all Orders and Templates by clicking their respective tab.
1) 'Orders' Tab - On this tab, all Open, Submitted, and Invoiced Purchase Orders are listed in reverse chronological order for all Locations. From this list, Users can get a quick-view into the Purchase Orders' details, filter for a specific order, and even navigate to the Purchase Order's corresponding AP Invoice, if already processed. New Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Templates can be created from this tab
2) 'Templates' Tab - On this tab, all User-created Purchase Order Templates will be listed along with a quick-view into their template details. From this list, Users can filter for a specific template and view which templates were most recently used. The available functions (#4, #13-18) are also available on this tab
3) 'Shopping Lists' Tab - This tab is a placeholder for future enhancements
4) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
New Purchase Orders: Create a Purchase Order Template
Purchased Order Templates are memorized Purchase Orders that can be scheduled to automatically recreate on a specific day each week, if needed. Click here to learn more about Purchase Order Templates.
New Purchase Orders: Create and Enter a Purchase Order
Purchase Orders can be easily created as needed to reflect the immediate needs of your Restaurant Organization. Click here to learn how to create and enter a Purchase Order.
New Purchase Orders: Review a Purchase Order
It is always best practice to review a Purchase Order before submitting it to your Vendor. Alert Icons, which appear when the variance between a previous and current item quantity extends outside a normal variance, provides the Reviewer guidance on any potential discrepancy. Click here to learn how to review a Purchase Order.