The AR Invoice is part of Accounts Receivable within the Accounting module of Restaurant365. The AR Invoice is used to generate a professional invoice to provide to customers for services or goods you sell them billed separately from your point of sale system. A few examples of this would be to bill house accounts for food provided during the month or to bill for a speaking assignment at a trade show.
For information on billing house accounts specifically, click the following link: Setting Up and Using House Accounts
Before we begin entering an invoice, we must first have setup Sales Items. Click here for more information on how to Add A New Sales Item
Create an AR Invoice
An AR Invoice can be created in two ways: the AR Invoice Form and the Import Tool.
AR Invoice Form
To open a new AR Invoice, hover over the 'Customer' menu and select 'Invoice'. The AR Invoice form will load in a new tab
1) Number - This number will be auto-generated for you upon creating a new AR Invoice. Click here for more information on managing Autonumbering
2) Customer - Select the Customer that will receive the AR Invoice. Click here for more information on Creating Customers
3) Date - Enter the Date of the AR Invoice
4) Location - Select the Location name of the AR Invoice
5) Payment Terms - Select the Payment Terms associated with this AR Invoice
- Note: If the Customer Record has Payment Terms, this value will auto-populate upon selecting the Customer
6) Due Date - Enter the Due Date for this AR Invoice
7) Comment - Enter any necessary comments for the AR Invoice
8) Address - The Customer Address will appear in this box if the Address has been included on the Customer Record. Click the Change Address button to make an on-the-fly Address changes
9) Item Grid - Enter in the following details for each item by filling in the following fields and clicking 'Add':
- Item - Select the item you want to bill the Customer for
- Number - This displays the Item Number from the item record selected. This is read-only
- Description - This defaults from the item selected but can be edited on this transaction
- Unit of Measure - This defaults from the Sales U of M on the item record but can be edited
- Quantity - The quantity of the item being credited
- Each Amount - This defaults from the Price on the Sales tab of the item form but can be edited
- Total - The calculation of Quantity * Each Amount
- Tax Checkbox - Check this box if that row is taxable and that amount will be added to taxable total for the transaction
10) Tax Account - The Sales Tax Payable account will auto-populate in this field based on what Account you have in your System Preferences. The account can be changed by clicking on the drop-down and selecting another GL Account
- Note: If there is a tax amount on the transaction, a GL entry will be added to the Distribution tab upon saving for that amount and the GL Account will be this tax account
11) Subtotals and Totals - The Subtotal and Totals from the Items will be calculated in these fields. The Tax Percent defaults from Location but can be edited. The tax amount is calculated as Taxable Total * Tax Percent. The Taxable Total is a sum of all detail rows where Taxable check box is checked
Navigate to the Import Tool by hovering over 'Administration' and clicking 'Import.
Type 'AR Invoice' into the 'Options' field and then 'Create New' into the 'Type' field to select the file that you can download, complete, and upload back into R365. View more information on the Import Tool here.
Apply a Credit
If there's a payment or credit to apply to this invoice already in the system, click the 'Apply' tab and click the check box next to the transactions you wish to apply. Once all is complete you can save the transaction.
- Note: If you have applied transactions to this invoice in the 'Apply' tab, then you must Approve instead of just saving. Clicking 'Approve' will both save and Approve the transaction at the same time.
Print an AR Invoice
If you'd like to Print or Email the Invoice at this time, you can also do that on this screen by hovering over 'Actions' and clicking 'Print/Email Invoice'.
This will pop-up the Print/Email invoice options where you can select whether to Print or Email and what Invoice format you'd like to use. If you aren't familiar with the different possible invoice formats its recommended to print each one the first time to see which format you prefer to send to your customers. If you select to Email then it will popup an email that this invoice will be attached to as a PDF.
In order to email from the system you must set the email settings on your User form. Click here for more information about Email Settings.