In addition to viewing Announcements, Users with the appropriate Announcement permissions can view, create, and edit Announcements in the R365 Red App. Creating and editing Announcements via mobile allows Managers to communicate important information with their team as soon as possible. The mobile announcements feature also supports deep linking, so when creating announcements, users can include clickable links if needed.
Users can also search and filter Announcements to easily find specific Announcement entries.
The Announcements feature is part of the Manager Tools. To add and edit Announcements, Users must have the following Permissions:
- View Announcements
- Edit Announcements
- Create Announcements
- Delete Announcements
Users can navigate to the Announcements screen two ways:
- Tap 'Announcements' from the mobile navigation menu
- Or tap the Announcements Widget from the mobile dashboard
1) Search Bar - Type in keywords to search the Announcement list for specific Announcements
2) Filter - Tap to filter the Announcements. Announcements can be filtered by the following:
- Start Date
- Expiration Date
- Has Attachment
- Created By
3) Announcement Preview - The preview of the Announcement that contains the following:
- Announcement Posting Date
- Announcement Location
- When there are multiple
- Announcement Preview Text or Image
- Note: When there are multiple Images attached to a single Announcement, Users can scroll left or right to view the carousel of images
4) New Announcement - Tap to Create a new Announcement to post
To create a new Announcement, tap 'New Announcement' from the bottom of the Announcements Screen.
This will open the 'New Announcement' screen.
The New Announcement form will have the following fields:
- Start Date - The first day that the Announcement is relevant to Users
- Expiration Date - The date that the Announcement is no longer relevant to Users
- Locations - The Locations that the Announcement will be available to. Users can select one, multiple, or all Locations
- Note: The User will only be able to see Locations that they have access to
- Departments/Jobs- The job group that the Announcement is relevant to. users can select one, multiple, or all Departments/Jobs
- Note: This field is only available when one Location is selected
- Employees to Alert- The Employees that will receive a 'New Announcement' notification in the R365 App
- Note: The Employee selector will be limited to the Location(s) and Department/Job(s) selected
- Announcement - The field to type out any Announcement text. This field supports deep linking, so users can link to documents or pages as necessary
- Add Attachment - Users can add up to 6 attachments
Once the New Announcement form has been filled out, Users can tap 'Create' to post the Announcement.
Edit an Existing Announcement
If an Announcement needs to be changed or edited for any reason, Users can edit existing announcements.
Users can edit an Announcement from the Announcement List by tapping the Announcement tile from the list. This will immediately open the 'Edit Announcement' screen.
Users can then edit the Announcement as necessary. The following changes can be made:
- Change Start Date
- Change Expiration Date
- Add/Remove Locations
- Add/Remove Departments/Jobs
- Edit Announcement Content
- Add/Remove Attachments
After making the necessary changes, tap 'Save.' The posted Announcement will then reflect the changes made.
- Note: Tapping 'Cancel' will prompt the User to discard the unsaved Announcement. To delete the unsaved Announcement, tap 'Discard.' If 'Close' was tapped in error, tap 'Cancel' to continue editing the new Announcement