This is a part of the Rule Vault feature. Click here to learn more about the Rule Vault.
Default Matching Rules are system-generated rules that help to match your bank statement to transactions that have already been entered in R365. When retrieving Bank Activity, the system will run through all Default Matching Rules first before running User-created Rules. Default Matching Rules cannot be edited or deleted but can be marked as 'Inactive' as needed.
Note: This feature will be phased into Customer instances over Q4 2021 – Q1 2022.
Default Matching Rule Fields
While the only aspect of a Default Matching Rule that can be updated is its status, Users can view each Rule's matching criteria by clicking into the Rule from the Rule Vault page. This criteria is defined below.
1) Name - The name of the Rule
2) Description - The description for the Rule, if any
3) Bank Accounts - The bank accounts that are assigned to this Rule. Default Matching Rules will have all bank accounts selected
4) Matching Bank Activity To - This includes two options from which this Rule will match to:
- Imported Account - Matching against transactions in the bank account
- Undeposited Funds - Matching against Undeposited Funds transactions
5) Trx Type - The type of transaction that will be created by this Rule. Options include:
- Cash In (Deposit)
- Cash Out (Expense/Withdrawal)
6) Bank Activity Field - The Bank Activity field(s) that correlate(s) with this Rule
7) Function - The function(s) that tie(s) the Bank Activity fields to the selected R365 Value
8) Value - The value(s) that this Rule match(es) to in Bank Activity