The Rule Vault houses all Active and Inactive Default Matching Rules and User-created Transaction Rules. From the Rule Vault page, Users can view both Active and Inactive Rules, search and/or filter the listing for specific Rules, create a new Transaction Rule, and edit existing Rules.
The Rule Vault page is an upgraded version of the 'Bank Rules' tab, which will be removed when this feature is enabled. All existing Rules will live in the Rule Vault, and even though Rules can still be added via the Bank Activity screen, they will live in the Rule Vault upon creation.
Note: This is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to access the Rule Vault and all its functionality:
- Full Access
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Clerk
To begin, hover over 'Banking' in the top ribbon and then click 'Get Bank Activity'. This will open the Bank Activity screen.
From this screen, click 'Rule Vault' in the top ribbon. The Rule Vault will then open in a new window.
Rule Types and Statuses
The Rule Vault houses two types of rules:
- Default Matching Rules - These rules are system-generated and cannot be edited. However, they can be deactivated
- Transaction Rules - These rules are User-created and can be edited at any time
Regardless of Rule Type, Rules will have one of two statuses:
Click here to learn how to update Rule Statuses for both Matching and Transaction Rules.
Rule Vault List
Users can view all Rules and complete multiple functions from the Rule Vault list.
1) 'Active' Rules Tab - This tab houses all Bank Rules marked as 'Active'. Users can use the Search Bar (#3) or filter (#4) the listing to find a specific Rule. Click here to learn how to mark a Rule as 'Inactive'
2) 'Inactive' Rules Tab - This tab houses all Bank Rules marked as 'Inactive'. Users can use the Search Bar (#3) or filter (#4) the listing to find a specific Rule. Click here to learn how to mark a Rule as 'Active'
3) Search Bar - This will search the listing for the characters entered
4) Filter - This will filter the listing by Rule Type, Transaction Type, and/or Assigned Bank Account. Once the filter icon is clicked, select the Field and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the list for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
5) + New Rule - From this button, Users can create new Transaction Rules
6) Edit Selected - From this button, the User can update certain aspects of a Rule. Click here to learn about editing a Rule
Rule Vault: Create a New Rule
Users can create new Transaction Rules to help match transactions in Bank Activity. Click here to learn how to create a Rule.
Rule Vault: Edit a Rule
User-created Transaction Rules can be edited at any point if certain details need to be updated or if a Rule needs to be deleted. Click here to learn more about editing a Rule.
Rule Vault: Mark as '(In)Active'
All Rules can be marked as 'Active' or 'Inactive' when their Rule will no longer be ran in Bank Activity. Click here to learn more about marking a Rule as 'Active' or 'Inactive'.
Rule Vault: Default Matching Rules
Default Matching Rules are system-generated Rules that attempt to match baseline transactions in Bank Activity. Click here to learn more about Default Matching Rules.