The Rule Vault houses all Active and Inactive Default Matching Rules and User-created Transaction Rules. From the Rule Vault page, Users can view both Active and Inactive Rules, search and/or filter the listing for specific Rules, create a new Transaction Rule, and edit existing Rules.
The Rule Vault page is an upgraded version of the 'Bank Rules' tab, which will be removed when this feature is enabled. All existing Rules will live in the Rule Vault, and even though Rules can still be added via the Bank Activity screen, they will live in the Rule Vault upon creation.
Note: This feature will be phased into Customer instances over Q4 2021 – Q1 2022.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to access the Rule Vault and all its functionality:
- Full Access
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Clerk
To begin, hover over 'Banking' in the top ribbon and then click 'Get Bank Activity'. This will open the Bank Activity screen.
From this screen, click 'Rule Vault' in the top ribbon. The Rule Vault will then open in a new window.
Rule Types and Statuses
The Rule Vault houses two types of rules:
- Default Matching Rules - These rules are system-generated and cannot be edited. However, they can be deactivated
- Transaction Rules - These rules are User-created and can be edited at any time
Regardless of Rule Type, Rules will have one of two statuses:
Click here to learn how to update Rule Statuses for both Matching and Transaction Rules.
Rule Vault List
Users can view all Rules and complete multiple functions from the Rule Vault list.
1) Search Bar - This will search the listing for the characters entered
2) + New Rule - This button allows the User to create a new Transaction Rule. Click here to learn how to create a new Rule
3) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit saved views of this list. Simply click this icon and either 'Save Current View' to save the new view or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected saved view. All saved views will be listed above these two action buttons
4) Filter - This will filter the listing by Rule Type, Transaction Type, and/or Assigned Bank Account. Once the filter icon is clicked, select the Field and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the list for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
5) Columns - This lists all of the columns available to display in the Rule Vault list. Check or uncheck a column to include or exclude it, respectively, in the list. Columns can also be reorganized by dragging and dropping the desired column's rearrange iconwhere needed
6) Line Selector - When clicked, this will select the line to then be edited. Click here to learn about editing a Rule
7) Number - The number automatically assigned to this Rule
8) Name - The name of the Rule
9) Rule Type - The type of Rule. Options include:
- Match - Default Matching Rule
- Create - User-created Transaction Rule
10) Bank Account - The bank account(s) that will be assigned to this Rule. A Rule will only be applied to activity imported into bank accounts selected here. If a bank account is not selected, then activity imported into that account will not follow this Rule
11) Vendor - The Vendor that will have the set value applied to it, if selected
12) Location - The Detail Location(s) for the transaction that is created when an activity matches this Rule
13) Account - The GL Account(s) that will be set as the Detail Account for the transaction that is created when activity matches this Rule
14) Transaction Type - The Type of transaction that will be created by this Rule. Options include:
- Cash In (Deposit)
- Cash Out (Expense/Withdrawal)
15) Status - The status of this Rule. Click here to learn how to update a Rule's Status. Options include:
Rule Vault: Create a New Rule
Users can create new Transaction Rules to help match transactions in Bank Activity. Click here to learn how to create a Rule.
Rule Vault: Edit a Rule
User-created Transaction Rules can be edited at any point if certain details need to be updated or if a Rule needs to be deleted. Click here to learn more about editing a Rule.
Rule Vault: Mark as '(In)Active'
All Rules can be marked as 'Active' or 'Inactive' when their Rule will no longer be ran in Bank Activity. Click here to learn more about marking a Rule as 'Active' or 'Inactive'.
Rule Vault: Default Matching Rules
Default Matching Rules are system-generated Rules that attempt to match baseline transactions in Bank Activity. Click here to learn more about Default Matching Rules.
Bank Activity Screen: Update and Match Transactions