Announcements are used to communicate important messages to Employees. When an Announcement is created on either the Web Browser or R365 Classic App, Employees will be alerted of the message via the preferred contact method set on their Employee form. Announcements will also be displayed on the Dashboard of the R365 Red App.
Users with the necessary security access can create, edit, and delete Announcements. Click here to learn the Security Roles needed for these functions.
Create an Announcement - Web Browser
In the top right corner of the Manager Tools page, click the '+ Create' button and select 'Announcement'. A new Announcement form will open where the details of the Announcement should be entered. Click 'Create' within the modal to save the Announcement and add it to the Announcements list on the 'Announcements' tab.
1) Announcement - The contents of the Announcement as it will appear to Employees
2) Start Date - The date that the Announcement will automatically appear in the R365 Red App for Employees
3) Expiration Date - The date that the Announcement will stop appearing in the R365 Red App for Employees
4) Departments / Job - The Department(s) and/or Job(s) that will receive this Announcement. If more than one Location is selected for this Announcement, this field will not be available
- Note: Jobs excluded from the Schedule will not be available for Announcements
5) Available Locations - This box enables the User to search for, select, and add the Locations that will receive this Announcement. Learn how to add Locations in below
6) Applied Locations - This box displays the Locations that were selected to receive this Announcement. Users can search for specific Locations and then remove the Location or add additional Locations to the existing list by following the steps below
7) Alert Employee - This will alert the selected Employees via text or email and save the Announcement. Employees from the selected Location(s) and the selected Department(s) / Job(s) can be chosen to receive the Announcement via the Employee selector in this modal. By default, all Employees will be selected but can be deselected as needed
8) Create Another - When checked, a new form will open once 'Create' (#9) is clicked
9) Create - This will save the Announcement without alerting any Employees and add it to the Announcements list on the 'Announcements' tab
10) Upload - This enables the User to upload a photo that relates to the Announcement. This photo, along with the Announcement statement (#1), are the only parts of this record that will be visible to Employees
11) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which includes multiple resources that can assist in creating an Announcement
12) Full Screen - This will expand the modal to full screen. Clicking the minimize icon in its place will return the modal back to its original size
13) Close - This will close the modal without saving
All Locations that should receive this Announcement will need to be selected from the 'Available Locations' box and added to the 'Applied Locations' box. Locations can be added in three ways:
- Add All - Users can click the '+ Add All' button to add all Available Locations
Create an Announcement - R365 Classic App