This is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
The Job Responsibilities list in the Smart Ops Release hosts all Job Responsibilities created in R365. Job responsibilities allow a Job to be further classified based on qualifications or skills. Job Responsibilities can be created from the Job Responsibilities list and assigned to the necessary Job and Employee forms. Once assigned, Job Responsibilities can be selected when creating a new Shift in the Scheduling module.
Examples of Job Responsibilities
Job Responsibilities break down a general Job Title into specific categories. For the general Job Title 'Cook', additional responsibilities or skills of 'Grill' and 'Fryer' then help to specify the type of Cook needed for a Shift. The corresponding Employees would then be assigned the Job of 'Cook' and the 'Grill' or 'Fryer' Job Responsibility.
Certain Jobs may also require certain training or certifications before certain duties of a Job can be performed. If a certain Shift requires 'Cashier Training' to be completed, the Employees trained on the cash register should have this Job Responsibility assigned to their Employee form and then only they will be able to work that specific Shift.
Responsibilities help to further detail out different aspects of a Job Title. This provides more clarity to the Scheduler and ensures that all Labor Accruals are debited from the same GL Account.
To access this page, first navigate to Smart Ops. In the left navigation, click 'Responsibilities' under 'Team' to open the Job Responsibilities list.
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
2) + Create - This will create a new Job Responsibility form. This process is explained in the following section
3) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit saved views of this list. Simply click this icon and then either 'Save Current View' to save the new view or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected saved view. All saved views are listed above these two action buttons
4) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' modal. Once open, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
5) Columns - This lists all of the columns available to display in the Job Responsibilities list. Check or uncheck a column name to include or exclude it, respectively, in the list. Columns can also be reorganized by dragging and dropping the desired column's rearrange iconwhere needed
6) Excel - This will download the listed information into an Excel file
7) Refresh - This will refresh the listing
Create a Job Responsibility
To create a new Job Responsibility, click '+ Create' in the top, right corner of the Job Responsibilities list.
A 'Job Responsibility' modal will appear where the Responsibility can be entered and created. Users can close this modal without saving by either clicking 'Cancel' or the closeicon.
Edit or Delete a Job Responsibility
Job Responsibilities can be updated by double-clicking the Job Responsibility in the Job Responsibilities list. This will open the 'Job Responsibility' modal where the name can be updated and saved or the form can be deleted entirely.
Assigning Job Responsibilities to Jobs
Open the desired Job form from the Jobs list and navigate to the 'Responsibilities' tab. Select the corresponding Job Responsibility from the Responsibilities selector and then click '+ Add' to include the Responsibility in the grid below. Ensure to save the changes made.
Assigning Job Responsibilities to Employees
Open the Employee form and navigate to the 'Responsibilities' tab. Select the Job Responsibility from the 'Job Responsibilities' selector and click '+ Add' to include the Responsibility in the grid below. Ensure to save the changes made.
- Note: The Employee must have the corresponding Job Title saved on the 'Jobs' tab in order to assign a Job Responsibility to the Employee.
Using Job Responsibilities on Shifts
On the Shift form, select the desired Job Responsibility during Shift creation. Only Employees with the Assigned Job Title and Job Responsibility will be eligible for that Shift. Click here for more information on Shifts.