The Measure Type on an Item record can be updated in one of two ways:
- Copying the record, changing the Measure Type and Unit of Measure, and saving the record
- Entering the UofM Equivalency for the current Measure Type
This training article will review the first option of copying and updating the Purchased Item record. When doing so, this record will need to be remapped to the corresponding Vendor record(s) and then updated on Inventory Count Templates and Recipes, if necessary.
When these updates are made, the old Purchased Item record will no longer be needed and can be deleted from the system.
Changing the Measure Type
Navigate to and double-click the desired Item record from the Items listing.
When it opens, hover over the 'Action' menu and click 'Copy'. This will create a duplicate Purchased Item record.
On this record, the following will need to be updated:
- The 'Measure Type' field will be editable until the record is saved. Update the 'Measure Type' on the 'Unit of Measure' section of the 'Settings' tab to the correct option.
- The following fields from the 'Unit of Measure' section of the Settings Tab will need to be reviewed to ensure that they are still true and reflect the new 'Measure Type' selection:
- 'Inventory U of M' field
- 'Reporting U of M' field
Once these changes are made, save the record. Now, both the original Purchased Item record and its copy Purchased Item record will be listed in the Items listing.
Mapping to Vendor Item Records
New Purchased Item records will need to replace the old Purchased Item records wherever their data exists in the system. To begin, the new Item record will need to be mapped to its corresponding Vendor record(s).
In the old Purchased Item record, navigate to the 'Vendor Items' tab to view all of the Vendor Items that are tied to the old record. Click each Item listed to open their Vendor Item record.
Update the 'Item' field to the new Purchased Item Record created. Save each record.
Updating Inventory Count Templates and Recipes
Inventory Count Templates and Recipes will then need to be updated to include the new Purchased Item record and remove the old Purchased Item record.
Updating Inventory Count Templates
Inventory Count Templates need to have the new Purchased Item added and the old Purchased Item removed. Learn how to update Inventory Count Templates accordingly here.
If the old Purchased Item was included as an Ingredient on a Recipe, its new Purchased Item record will need to replace the old one.
To do so, navigate to the 'Recipes' tab. All Recipes that have this Item as an Ingredient will be listed here. Click into each Recipe to open their Recipe Item record.
When the Recipe Item record opens, navigate to the 'Ingredients' tab and locate the old Purchased Item. Click the trash can icon at the end of its row to remove it and then enter in the name of the new Purchased in the 'Item' selector. Enter in its details and then click 'Add' at the end of the row to add the new Purchased Item to the Recipe.
Save the Recipe Item record and then repeat this process for all Recipes that the old Purchased Item is an Ingredient on.
Inactivate an Old Record
After copying an Item record and updating its Measure Type, the original Item record can be inactivated.
To inactivate this record, complete the following on the 'Settings' tab of the old Purchased Item record:
- Uncheck the 'Active' box
- Rename the Purchased Item. It is best practice to create a naming convention for inactive Item records to remove confusion and easily show that the Item is inactive. R365 recommends appending the front of the item name with 'ZZZ DO NOT USE' so that the item will appear at the bottom of the Items listing and show that it is no longer in use
Once complete, save the record. Then, the copied Item record can then have the '[COPY]' description removed from its name and saved.