Journal Entries that are manually-entered or imported into R365 will have a Journal Entry Type associated with them. Selecting a Journal Entry Type will then help Users easily identify Journal Entries from the Journal Entries, All Transactions, and Transaction Details list views without having to open each individual record.
Journal Entry Types
Journal Entries that are manually-created directly in R365 or imported as a csv can have the following Journal Entry Types:
- Standard- This type is the default and should be used to record daily transactions as needed
- Note: This type is the default option when a JE is imported, unless otherwise noted on the import
- Amortization- This type should be used to allocate an expense of an intangible item over a service period
- Note: As noted above, this is simply an identifier and does not currently connect to the spreading feature
- Adjustment - This type should be used to correct a Standard Journal Entry made in a current or prior period that was incorrectly entered
- Beginning Balance - This type should be used when transferring remaining balances from your legacy system to R365 during the implementation process. Additionally, any invoice received or payment made after the initial Beginning Journal Entry can be entered as Beginning Balance but must be dated prior to your Go-Live Date. This type can only be used during import or via the 'Administration' menu
- Payroll - This type should be used to enter Payroll data manually and/or 'true-up' the labor accrual entries that were created from the POS import each day of the pay period. Click here to learn more about Payroll Journal Entries
Users can easily view Journal Entry Types from the Journal Entries, All Transactions, and Transaction Details list views.
Navigate to the desired list view via the left pane in the Accounting module. From that list view, the Journal Entry Type will be displayed in the 'Type' column.