Purchase Order Templates allow Users to create memorized Purchase Orders for individual Vendors, which can then be scheduled to automatically recreate on the necessary day(s) each week. After adding all Vendor Items, Users have the ability to rearrange these items by simply dragging and dropping the items in the desired Sheet-to-Shelf order. Then, Users can print the Order Guide directly from that template to manually enter in order quantities.
Create a Purchase Order Template
To create a new Purchase Order Template, navigate to the Orders page, and on either the 'Orders' tab or the 'Templates' tab, click the '+ Create' button in the top, right corner above the listing and select 'Purchase Order Template'.
This will then open the Purchase Order Template modal. Enter in the details of the Purchase Order and then ensure to save the template to add it to the 'Templates' tab.
1) Template Name - The name of the template
2) Location - The Location that will use the template
3) Vendor - The Vendor that this associated with this template. Click the Source Linkto view the Vendor record
4) Repeat Every - The day(s) this template will be scheduled to recreate. It will be provided on both the Purchasing Assistant and the 'Orders' tab
5) Purchase Day - The day selected as the day each week when this order is set to be submitted to the Vendor
6) Consumption Days - The days outside the Purchase Day (#5) when the items purchased will be used and will need to last through
7) Buffer Days - The number of days after the Purchase Day that provide some leeway in submitting the Purchase Order. This is helpful to account for items that need to be thawed and/or marinated over a day or more. Set Buffer Days will then be added to the number of days' forecast to the end of the Suggestion Calculation to increase the suggested value
8) Search Bar - This will search the Vendor Items listing for the characters entered
9) Selection Box - When an item is selected, this will display a 'Delete' button in the bottom, right corner of the Vendor Items listing. This enables the User to delete Vendor Items from the lusting in bulk
10) Item - The Purchased Item selected from the '+Add Item' button
11) Vendor Item - The Vendor Item product number from the Vendor
12) Storage Location - The Storage Location of the item at the listed Location
13) Unit of Measure - The item's Purchased Unit of Measure
14) Quantity - The amount of the item that should be purchased. For a template, this column is typically left blank until the template is put in use
15) '+ Add Item' Button - This opens a footer menu where Purchased Items can be added to the Vendor Items listing. More details about this tab are explained below
16) Save - This will save the template and add it to the 'Templates' tab
17) Print - This will print the Purchase Order Template, which can be helpful to write down quantities before entering them into R365
18) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating a PO Template
19) Expand - This will expand the modal to full screen
20) Close - This will close the modal without saving any changes made
Add Vendor Items
To add Vendor Items, the User will need to click the '+ Add Item' button in the Vendor Items listing.
When adding Vendor Items, the User can search by Purchased Item in the 'Item' field. Purchased Items that are associated with Vendor Items will be displayed first in the drop-down listing. Once an Item is selected, the User can select the correct Vendor Item Number, Storage Location, and Unit of Measure associated for the item. A Quantity can be entered, but will typically remain '0' until the count is taken.
- Note: Click here to learn how to map Vendor Items to their respective Purchased Item records.
Edit an Existing Template
Editing an existing template is quite easy. Simply navigate to the 'Templates' tab and click into the desired template. The details of the template will open in a sidesheet where the necessary changes can be made. Ensure to save the sidesheet to apply the changes made to the template.
Deleting Vendor Items
Vendor Items can be deleted individually or in bulk from the Vendor Items listing.
- Individually - Hover over the desired Item and click the delete iconat the end of the row
- In Bulk - Select the desired Items and then click the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the listing