After creating and entering in quantities for a new Inventory Count, the User can then review any Alert Flags that appeared as a count was entered. These demonstrate that a discrepancy exists within the count. Once the count is reviewed and discrepancies are updated, then the User can mark the count as 'Complete'. Doing so will lock the User out of making additional edits.
Users with approval abilities can review the final count and update if needed by once more unlocking the count and making the necessary changes. When the count is finalized, it can then be approved.
Review Inventory Counts
Inventory Counts will need to be reviewed before marking the count as 'Approved'. To initiate the Review process, select the desired Inventory Count and then click 'Review' in the Inventory Count modal. This will open the Review modal.
- Note: An 'Unlock' button will appear where the current 'Complete' button is listed below. Clicking this button will enable the User to make any necessary changes to the count.
1) General Information - This header includes general information about the Template used for that Location, including the name of the team member who took the count and the date the count was made
2) GL Posting - This toggle enables the Inventory Template to post to the General Ledger when toggled on. If toggled off, the Inventory Count will not have an impact on the General Ledger
3) Uploaded Files - This enables any other relevant documentation to be added to the count if desired. Accepted File Types include PDF, PNG, or JPG
4) Review Tab - This tab lists the count and enables the User to correct any necessary count amounts. Alert Flags will be displayed on this screen for a quick view into any abnormalities in the count and can even be filtered via the Alerts Filter (#10). These alerts include the following:
- 'Less than Half' - This will display if the entry is half or less of the item entry from the last count
- 'Twice as Much' - This will display if the entry is double or more of the item entry from the last count
- 'Assume Zero' - This will display when the system entered a '0' quantity because the item was missing from the current count but was present on the last count
- '0 Quantity' - This will display when '0' was entered for this count but had a quantity entered in the last count
5) Details Tab - This tab displays all Items, regardless of Storage Location, and the details about their entry, including the Total Cost, the Previous Count Cost, and the Adjustment (the difference between the Previous Count Cost and the Current Count Cost). This tab can easily be exported via the Excel icon
6) Distribution Tab - This tab will only appear when GL Posting (#2) is toggled on and includes the Account Number, the amount Debited and Credited, and the corresponding Location and Legal Entity. This tab can easily be exported via the Excel icon
7) Items Tab - This tab provides a final look into the quantity and cost for both the previous Inventory Count and the current Inventory Count. This tab can be filtered by Alert Flags (#10) and can easily be exported via the Excel icon
8) Search Bar - This enables the User to filter for a specific Item on any tab
9) View All - This will display all items included in the count
10) Alerts Filter - This will filter for items that were marked with an Alert Flag
11) Refresh Cost - This will refresh the cost to the most accurate cost in the system for every item in the list
12) + Add Item Button - This button will enable the User to search for a specific item to add to the Inventory Count. A prompt will appear asking whether the item should be added to the Template. Clicking 'Count and Template' will add the item to the template for the current and future counts while 'Count Only' would only include the item in the current count. Clicking 'X' will exit out without adding the item to either the count or template
13) Approve Button - Clicking this button will lock any role from editing the count. While the 'Complete' button can be clicked as an extra step before Approval, it does not have to be marked as 'Completed' to be 'Approved'. Once clicked, the status of this count will be labeled as 'Approved' in the Inventory Count listing
- Note: When clicked, the 'Unapprove' button will take its place
14) Complete Button - Clicking this button will lock any Restaurant Manager Role from editing the count and marks this count ready for the Approval process. Once clicked, the status of this count will be labeled as 'Completed' in the Inventory Count listing. Clicking 'Unlock' will reopen the count for Manager edits
- Note: The 'Unlock' button is only available to Users with Approval access
15) Inventory Count Review Menu - The Inventory Count Review Menu includes the following actions:
- Export Count Sheet - This will export the count sheet to Excel so that entries can be made on the home computer and then imported back into the system
- Import Count Sheet - This will import the count sheet into the Count Screen
- Print- The following print options are available:
- Print Count Sheet
- Print Count Review
- Print Transaction Summary
- Share Email Link - This will share a link to the Inventory Count in a pre-formatted modal
- Delete- This will enable the User to delete the Count
- Note: When the count is marked as 'Approved', the delete option will not be available
16) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in reviewing an Inventory Count
17) Expand - This will expand the modal to full screen. Once expanded, this icon can be clicked again to minimize the modal back to its original size
18) Close Out - This will close out the modal
Approve Inventory Counts
After reviewing all Alert Flags and updating the count where necessary, Users with approval abilities can then approve the count by clicking the 'Approve' button in the top, right corner of the modal.