Client records and Client options are only available to Partner Channel Users who are managing multiple Client instances. The Client record stores information about each Client, including their name, address, contact information, and more. Once a record is created, the Client's name can then be used as a variable in the Template and/or Column Headers in Custom Financial Reports so that Reports can be shared and compared for different Clients.
For a Client's name to be used as a variable on Custom Financial Reports, each Location would need a Client assigned to it. If all Locations in an instance belong to the same Client, then this can be set on the Client record. However, if there are Locations that belong to multiple Clients, then Clients can also be set individually on each Location record.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will have access to creating, editing, and deleting Client Records:
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Full Access
Users with the following Primary Security Role will be able to view Client Records:
- Read Only Executive
Create a New Client Record
New Client records can be created by hovering over the 'Administration' menu and clicking 'New Client'. This will open up the New Client record.
1) Client Name - The name of the Client
2) Phone Number - The Client's main phone number or the phone number of the Representative
3) Assigned Representative - The Person, Group, or part of the Company that is assigned to oversee this Client
4) Set for All Locations - This toggle should be turned on if all Locations in the instance belong to the same Client. When toggled, the 'Client' selector on each Location record will be updated, and all future Location records will include this Client. If the Locations have different Clients, navigate to each Location record and manually update the 'Client' selector
5) Email Address - The main email address contact for the Client
6) Business Type - The Client's type of Corporation / Business. This is an optional field that can be included as a variable that automatically populates on Documents listed in Report Packages
7) Address Info - The address of the Client
8) Additional Package Variables - User-created Client variables that can be included in Report Packages. Up to three additional Generic Client Variables can be created. When including these variables on a Word Document, ensure that they are entered in the following format: '@ClientVariable#'. Click here to learn more about Report Packages
When all fields are completed, click the desired save option from the 'Save' menu. From this menu, a Client record can also be deleted.
View Client List
The Client listing can be viewed by clicking 'Clients' under 'Administration' in the Accounting module. All recorded Clients will then be displayed.
Client Name on Custom Financial Reports
Client Names can be added as a variable for the Template and/or Column Headers in the Financial Report Writer to populate the Client Name. It can be beneficial to include the Client Name variable in the Template header to help classify Reports, Column header for Columns set to repeat by a Client Location Reporting Category, and Column header for Columns that have Org Units manually set to represent a specific Client. Reports with this variable can be shared across instances individually or via Report package if desired.
Before adding this variable to Reports, ensure that all Locations have a Client assigned to them. Otherwise, the report will display as 'Client Missing', even if only one out of many Locations does not have a designated Client.