This article is part of the Direct Bank Connections training. Click here for more information on Direct Bank Connections
Bank Accounts with Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
When using R365 Direct Bank Connections with Bank Accounts utilizing Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), it may be necessary to re-authenticate each time you retrieve Bank Activity. Click here for more information on Bank Accounts with Multi-factor Authentication
Connecting Bank Accounts
The 'Manage Bank Connections' prompt will allow you to search for your financial institutions, select, and connect them to R365. Once connected, the Bank Accounts must be linked to an existing Bank Account Record to be used in Bank Activity. This article will demonstrate each step in the connection process.
Step 1 - Open the Bank Connections Management Prompt
- On the Bank Activity Screen, click 'Manage Bank Connections' in the header to open the 'Manage Bank Connections' prompt
- On the Bank Account Record, click the 'Manage Bank Connections' button to open the 'Manage Bank Connections' prompt
- On the Bank Accounts Step in the Setup Assistant, click the 'Manage Bank Connections' button to open the 'Manage Bank Connections' prompt
Step 2 - Click 'Add Bank' / Agree to Terms
This prompt will contain each of your Bank Connections once they have been added. Upon clicking the 'Add Bank' button, the Connections Manager will load
- Note: If this is your first time using the Connections Manager, you will be prompted to review and agree to the Terms and Conditions
Step 3 - Search for your Financial Institution
Type in the name of your Financial Institution, then select it in the Search Results. If you're not sure if is the correct financial institution, hover over the name field to see the full name description:
Step 4 - Enter your credentials
Enter your financial institution credentials on the prompt. Most financial institutions require additional security questions or two factor authentication. If that is the case for you, the Connections Manager will continue to prompt you for the required information to successfully connect your financial institution. Continue through each prompt until the connection is successful and your available accounts are listed.
- Note: If you do not have the correct credentials or are trying to add an account that has been closed, you will receive an error message and will not be able to add the Account through the Connection Manager. Please check your credentials to ensure they are correct. If the issue persists, please consult with your financial institution regarding connectivity.
Step 5 - Review Accounts and Save
Review the available accounts and ensure that the Accounts you wish to connect are Checked. Uncheck Accounts that will not be connected to R365. Click 'Save and Continue' when you have completed your account review.
Step 6 - Add more Accounts / Close Prompt
Your accounts have now been successfully connected to R365! Click 'Search More Banks' to connect additional accounts. Return to Step 3 and repeat the process for each of your financial institutions. If you have added all of your financial institutions, click the 'X' to close the prompt and proceed to Account Linking.
Step 7 - Link Connected Accounts to Bank Account Records
Upon clicking 'X' on the Connection Manager, you'll return to the 'Manage Bank Connections' prompt, where you financial institution will be listed. Expand the spoiler to view the Accounts.
Click the 'Link' button to display a selector of each Bank Account that has not yet been linked to a connected account. Select the desired account to complete the linking process. Make sure to link all Accounts that will be used in Bank Activity. If necessary, accounts can be unlinked by clicking 'Unlink'.
Step 8 - Retrieve Transactions in Bank Activity