This article is part of the Franchising Module training. Click here for more information on Franchising
Franchisee Locations (also referred to as stores) are records for each restaurant store that your franchisees own. They are stored as a special type of Customer in the system since you may want to send invoices to these stores. On the Franchisee Location (store) record you store the following details:
- Franchisee Location (store) contact information (Name and Address etc.)
- Upload and attach contracts and other pertinent documents for the location
- Store ACH payment information
- Create/view the different fees charged to the store
- Record any reviews you've conducted of this franchisee
To view existing franchisee locations go to Franchising – Franchisee Locations in left hand navigation and click on the one you want to open
To create a new Franchisee Location (Store) go to Franchising – New Store (in top ribbon)
Franchisee Location Form Details
The 'Franchisee Location' checkbox must be checked on the 'Customer Additional info' tab of the Customer record in order for a Customer to be considered a Franchisee Location. It will be checked by default if you selected 'New Store' on the Franchising menu located in the top ribbon (the example image above).
The General tab is where the Franchise Location (Store) Name, Number and Contact Information are entered, and where other Franchise Location (Store) settings can be managed.
1) Name - Enter the Franchise Location (Store) Name as it will be displayed in Restaurant365
2) Number - Franchise Location (Store) Number is an open text field that can be populated with an identifying Number, or any other value that could be used for sorting purposes
3) Primary Contact - Select, or Create a Primary Contact for this Franchise Location (Store) on this selector. Click here for more information on Creating Contacts
4) Comment - Enter an optional Comment for the Franchise Location (Store)
5) Phone - Enter the Phone Number for the Franchise Location (Store)
5) E-mail - Enter the Email Address for the Franchise Location (Store)
5) Fax - Enter the Fax Number for the Franchise Location (Store)
8) Payment Terms - If the Franchise Location (Store) has specific Payment Terms, you can select them in this selector. Click here for more information on Payment Terms
9) Terms Discount Account - For Payment Terms that result in a discount, specify the GL Account where the discounts will post
10) Inactive checkbox - In the event that your organization drops a Franchise Location (Store) after recording transactions with them, you will not be able to Delete the Franchise Location (Store) record. You can flag the Franchise Location (Store) as Inactive by checking this checkbox and the Franchise Location (Store) will no longer appear in any 'Select Customer' selector in the system
11) Address - Enter the Address for the Franchise Location (Store). Address information will be used when generating Invoices for the Franchise Location (Store)
12) Upload File - Click to attach a file to the Franchise Location (Store) record
Franchisee Additional Info tab
This tab contains special fields used throughout the Franchising Module as described below. Additionally, the 'Franchisee Fee' and 'Franchisee Review' tabs are on this record.
1) Franchisee Selector - Select the Parent Franchisee that owns this Store / Franchise Location
2) Open Date - Enter the date that the Store opened (Informational only)
3) Contractual Open Date - Enter the date of the Contractual Opening for the Store (Informational only)
4) Payment Method - Select the Payment Method used for this Franchisee Store. If set to 'ACH', ACH Stubs can be generated when creating AR Invoices for this Franchisee. Bank Account Type, Routing Number and Bank Account Number must also be filled out when 'ACH' is selected
5) Routing Number - Only required when Payment Type is set to 'ACH'
6) Bank Account Number - Only required when Payment Type is set to 'ACH'
7) Radius Protection - Enter the Radius Protection for the Store. Informational only
8) Bank Account Type - Only required when Payment Type is set to 'ACH'. Select the Bank Account Type that will be used with ACH Billing: Business Checking or Business Savings
9) Franchisee Location Link - This field allows you to link a Franchise Store to a POS Integrated Location that is Polling POS Sales into R365. This list will be populated by all the Locations that exist in your R365 database. This link should only be used if your Franchisee Stores have been POS Integrated
Franchisee Fee sub-tab
This tab allows you to setup fees that will be billed to this Franchisee. Fees for all Franchisees can be seen in one list by navigating within the Franchising module and selecting the 'Franchising Fees' list. Fees contain the following fields:
1) Recur Check Box - Check this box if this fee should be repeated on multiple invoices. If this is a one time fee then leave the box unchecked.
2) Select Item - Select the Item you want to show on the invoice when this fee is billed. Click here for more information on setting up Sales Items
3) Description - This is the description that will show on the invoice
4) Charge Type - Options include:
- Flat Amount - when selected, enter a flat amount which will be billed to the Franchisee in the 'Total' field (#5).
- % of Sales - when selected, enter a % value in the 'Total' field (#5). % of Sales means the amount billed to the Franchise Location (Store) will be based on a % of the Franchisee Daily Sales entered for this Franchisee. Click here for more information on Entering Franchisee Sales
5) Total - this is the value that is used to bill the customer (either a flat amount or a % as described in Charge Type (#4) field above)
6) Start Date - this is only active if Recurring check box is checked. If this is a recurring fee then enter the date the fee should start being billed
7) End Date - this is required for all fees. If the fee is recurring this will be the End Date after which the recurring fee will not be billed any longer. If the fee is not recurring then this is the one actual date this fee will be billed.
8) Sales Type - this is only active if Charge Type = % of Sales. If so then here you can set where its a % of Gross Sales or of Net Sales. When entering Franchisee Daily Sales have values for Gross Sales and Net Sales so this field allows you to set which of those fields you'll use when billing this franchisee
9) Add/Clear Buttons - After completing each field, click the 'Add' button to add the Fee to the Franchisee record. Click 'Clear' to clear the fields without adding.
Franchisee Review tab
This tab allows you to record results of Franchisee Reviews. Reviews for all Franchisees can be reviewed in the 'Franchising Reviews' list located in the Franchising Module. Reviews contain the following fields:
1) Date – Date of the review
2) Pass – Yes or No. Select the value that represents if the Franchisee passed their review
3) Score – Number field
4) Frequency – Open text field to record a frequency for your reference such as Monthly or Annual
5) Description – Open text field for additional information
6) Comment – Open text field for additional information
7) Add/Clear Buttons – After completing each field, click the 'Add' button to add the Review to the Franchisee record. Click 'Clear' to clear the fields without adding.