Documents to Process is a feature in Restaurant365 that allows Users to upload a PDF or scanned image of an AP Invoice or AP Credit Memo to the system, and then enter the details of the transaction at a later time. The recommended file format for use in Documents to Process is PDF.
Various Vendors will provide Invoices electronically in PDF form while other Vendors will only provide physical copies of Invoices. When physical invoices are received, a User can utilize any scanning technology to produce a PDF scan of the physical invoice (Scanner used in conjunction with a Computer, Scanner/Copier, or various mobile apps that allow the User to scan documents and immediately convert the images to PDF). The PDF that is produced can then be uploaded to the system
Supported File Types (up to 1.5 MB) that are uploaded to your Documents to Process folder can vary in their server-side processing times for all methods listed below except Manual Upload (these appear instantly). This means that after you have 'sent' the file to be uploaded, it may take anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes to be processed.
The reason behind the variability and delay depends on how recently your FTP / AP Automation Email Address was last scanned by the Documents to Process Uploader. If the scan was completed recently, it will not be re-scanned until the process loops back to your database. If the file needs to be immediately reviewed in the Documents to Process list, please utilize the 'Manual Upload' method. Otherwise, the files will be uploaded as they are scanned by the Documents to Process Uploader
Documents to Process
Documents can be Uploaded using the following methods:
- AP Automation - A R365-generated Email Address will directly receive AP Invoices from Vendors who have their email addresses whitelisted on the 'AP Processing Email' tab of System Preferences. The emails sent to that address with PDF invoices will have those PDFs imported into the Documents to Process list. Each separate Attachment will be imported as a separate Document to Process. Please refer to the AP Automation Overview for steps on how to set up AP Automation
- FTP - Restaurant365 provides an FTP service for all Restaurant365 Customers. An FTP site, unique to the Customer, will be created and hosted by Restaurant365. The FTP Site is particularly useful for Vendors to upload AP Transactions via EDI. Additionally, individual PDFs or large batches of PDFs can be uploaded via FTP for import in to the Documents to Process list. Click here for more information on how to Access Restaurant365 FTP Site.
- Note: FTP Site Credentials are provided to Customers during the initial setup of Restaurant365. Please contact R365 Support for any inquiries regarding FTP Site Credentials
- Manual Upload - PDFs and images of documents (in Supported File Types) can also be manually uploaded from within the system. Hover over the 'Vendor' menu in the top ribbon and select 'Upload File'. This action will open a file selector prompt where the User can select the desired file and perform the upload in to Documents to Process
- R365 Mobile App Upload - Users can take a picture of an AP Transaction right on their mobile device and upload it directly to the Documents to Process list using the R365 Mobile App.