Documents to Process is a feature in R365 that allows Users to upload a PDF or scanned image of an AP Invoice (or AP Credit Memo) to the system and then enter the details of the transaction at a later time. This is different from the EDI process where invoice details can be imported from a CSV file.
Documents to Process exists for the instances when an importable CSV format of an Invoice does not exist, and transaction details must be entered by a User in to the system. Invoices are marked by priority and then date and can be assigned to certain Users for future entry.
Benefits of the Documents to Process feature:
- Multiple AP / CM Transaction files can be uploaded to the system (even in the same PDF file) and then entered at a later time
- Vendors can send AP / CM Transaction files directly to an R365-generated email address or hosted FTP folder location without any required action from the Restaurant Group. These files will be imported automatically and reside, awaiting processing, in the 'Documents to Process' list view
- AP / CM Transaction files can be uploaded at the Restaurant level and made immediately available at the Corporate level
- AP / CM Transaction files are automatically attached to the transaction record in Restaurant365 for audit purposes
- AP Invoices can be created and entered directly from the Documents to Process page
- Documents can be locked to limit the amount of multiple invoice entries when Users enter from the Documents to Process screen
This article covers:
- Uploading Files to Documents to Process
- List View
- Creating AP Invoices or Credit Memos
- Bulk Edit
- Saved Grid Views
- Thumbnail View
- Related Topics
Uploading Files to Documents to Process
To begin using Documents to Process, determine the preferred method of uploading Documents to Process for your Organization. Once determined, perform the necessary set up for the desired Upload Method.
- AP Automation - A R365-generated Email Address that will directly receive AP Invoices from your Vendors. Your Organization's email address as well as the ability to whitelist your Vendors' email addresses can be done on the 'AP Processing Email' tab of System Preferences
- FTP - A hosted site where Vendors can upload AP Transactions via EDI
- Manual Upload - A feature where Users can upload PDFs and images from a web browser or the R365 Red App
Click here for more information on Documents to Process Upload Methods.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will have the ability to upload Documents to Process via the 'Manual Upload' process within R365:
- Full Access
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Restaurant Manager
By default, Users with the following Security Role will have the ability to approve AP Transactions that occur via Documents to Process:
- Accounting Manager
To enable Users with the Accounting Clerk or Restaurant Manager the ability to Approve AP Transactions, provide the User with the necessary Secondary Security Role(s):
- Approve AP Invoice
- Approve AP Credit
All other Users (including non-Users, such as Vendors) will have the ability to upload Documents to Process via AP Automation or FTP when granted access to those upload methods (R365-generated email address and FTP site credentials, respectively).
Click here for training on assigning security roles.
Documents to process can be accessed via Smart Ops or the Classic R365 Experience.
Note: This is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Begin with navigating to Smart Ops by clicking 'Smart Operations NEW!' in either the Operations or Scheduling module. This will load Smart Ops.
In the left navigation pane, click 'Docs to Process' under 'Document Library'.
Classic R365 Experience
Documents to Process is located in the 'Accounts Payable' subsection of the Accounting module and the 'Purchases' subsection of the Operations module.
List View Header
1) + Add Issue - When a document is displayed on the 'Review' screen, clicking this button will provide a drop-down listing of all issues that this document can be marked as having. If a desired issue is not listed, custom issues can be created through the 'Comment' field at the bottom of this listing. Selected issues will appear next to this button
2) All - This will display a listing of all documents uploaded into R365
3) Priority - This will show only the documents marked as 'High Priority'
4) Issues - This will display only the documents that have an issue added to it. Unlike other documents that leave the queue when a transaction is saved, a document will stay in the queue until the transaction created has been approved
5) Archive - This displays a list of archived, or duplicated, documents. Documents can be archived through the 'Bulk Edit' menu.
6) Upload Document - This will enable the User to upload documents directly to Documents to Process when this button is clicked. Click here to learn more about uploading documents
7) Search Bar - This enables a User to search for a specific document in each of the three display listings
8) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' modal. Once open, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
9) Thumbnail View - This allows the User to to view Documents as thumbnails
- AP Invoice - Click to create a new AP Invoice
- Credit Memo - Click to create a new Credit Memo
- Trashcan icon - Click delete the Document
10) List View - This allows the User to view documents in a listing
11) Refresh - This will refresh the listing of documents
12) Bulk Select Checkboxes -
- Edit Values - Enables the Document Type, Location, assigned User, and/or Priority of one or more Documents to be updated as needed
- Merge Documents - Combines multiple files into a single manageable file
- Attach to Existing Transaction - Opens a sidesheet displaying existing AP Transactions. The selected Documents can then be attached to an existing AP Invoice or Credit Memo.
- Archive - Marks the file as a duplicate and moves it from the main listing to the 'Archive' view (#4)
- Delete - Removes the file from the Documents to Process window
13) Priority Flag - Click this arrow to mark an AP Invoice or Credit Memo as priority. When hovering over this area next to a document, an arrowwill appear that can be clicked
14) File Name - The name of the document
15) Assigned To - The Employee assigned to inputting the transaction details into R365. This column can be filtered for all Users who have access to Documents to Process
16) Created On - The date the upload was made
17) Pages - The number of pages for that document
18) Location - The Location that was sent the document. This column can be filtered for all Locations
19) Issues - Any notes added that explain issues with the upload. This can be manually entered by the User. This column can be filtered for all issues
20) Create - This button will send the User directly to an AP Invoice/Credit Memo form when clicked. To avoid two Users entering an AP Invoice and/or Credit Memo at once, enable Document Locking on the 'Miscellaneous' tab of System Preferences
- Note: Locked documents will display a grayed outin place of the 'Create' button. However, if a User is inactive for more than 30 minutes while entering in a transaction, the transaction details will not be saved and the 'Create' button will be clickable again. More details about the 'Create' button are explained in the section below
21) Delete - This trash can icon will delete its corresponding document when clicked
Creating AP Invoices or Credit Memos
'Create' Button Header
When the 'Create' button is selected, an AP Invoice form will appear in a new window with a preview of the uploaded file displayed for easy reference.
- Note: .xls and .xlsx files will not be previewed
- Note: The preview menu bar will only appear for .pdf, .doc, and .docx files
To enter in an AP Credit Memo instead, hover over the 'Action' menu in the top ribbon and then 'Switch to Credit Memo'.
The 'Report Issues' and 'Mark as Archived' buttons located just above the attached document enable a User to easily mark the document accordingly:
- Report Issues - This button allows the User to report any issues associated with the AP Invoice/Credit Memo. When clicked, a listing of all potential issues will be provided along with a custom field where unique issues can be entered and selected. A check mark will indicate the issues of each AP Invoice/Credit Memo uploaded
- Mark as Archived - This button will mark the AP Invoice/Credit Memo as a duplicate and archive it. This is beneficial for entry Users so that they can hide duplicates of an invoice or skip a duplicate rather than entering in multiple invoices mistakenly
All AP Invoices and Credit Memos that have an issue reported will have the 'Document Issues' tab added to the transaction after it is initially saved.
Clicking on one or more of the checkboxes in line with the Documents will open the Bulk Edit menu. Actions taken in the Bulk Edit menu will apply to all of the selected Documents.
Click on the pencil iconto edit the following Document details:
- Document Type - Choose from Invoice or Credit Memo
Click to save and apply changes, or click the button to close without saving.
Click the trashcan iconto delete the selected Documents.
Click to confirm and permanently delete the Documents, or click to close without deleting.
Attach to Existing
Click the 'Attach to Existing' icon to open a sidesheet with existing AP transactions.
This list is filtered for AP Invoices by default. To view Credit Memos, change the filter from 'AP Invoice' to 'Credit Memo'.
Click to attach the selected Document to the desired AP Invoice or Credit Memo.
Click the merge iconto merge the selected Documents.
- Note: If the Documents cannot be merged, a notification will appear when hovering over the merge icon.
- Note: If the Documents have conflicting Locations, Document Types, or 'Assigned To' details, a confirmation window will ask if the conflicting value should be removed. If merged, the Document will need to have the conflicting field manually re-entered.
Click the archive iconto archive the selected Documents.
Click to archive the Documents, or to close without archiving.
Documents to Process Saved Grid Views
Two unique saved grid views are included to help review, add, and/or resolve issues for documents in the Documents to Process queue. These saved views include:
- 'Issues - Unapproved' - This saved view lists all unapproved transactions created through R365 Payments and that have an issue added by the R365 AP Entry Team or a System User. The issues listed on the AP Transaction will be listed under the designated column, either 'Issue Data Entry' or 'Issue Customer Reported', depending on who noted the issue
- 'Processed - Unapproved' - This saved view lists all Unapproved AP Transactions created through R365 Payments
Click here to learn more about Saved Grid Views.
In this view, Documents can be viewed as thumbnails.
1) Archive - This displays archived (or duplicated) Documents. Documents can be archived via the Bulk Edit menu in list view
2) Location Filter - Select a single Location from the drop-down menu to display Documents for that Location only
3) Search - Searches for Documents whose names contain the entered text
4) Thumbnail View - This allows the User to to view Documents as thumbnails
5) List View -This allows the User to to view Documents in a list
6) Refresh - Click to refresh the listing of Documents
1) AP Invoice - Click to create a new AP Invoice
2) Credit Memo - Click to create a new Credit Memo
3) Trashcan icon - Click delete the Document
Documents to Process: Upload Methods
Files can be uploaded to Documents to Process manually, via FTP and via AP Automation. Click here for more information on Documents to Process: Upload Methods.
AP Automation Overview
FTP Site Overview
Multiple files can be uploaded at once to Location-specific folders via the FTP Site. Click here for more information on FTP Site.
Documents to Process: Uploading Files via AP Automation
Documents to Process: Uploading Files via FTP
Users can upload multiple files to Documents to Process via the FTP Site. Click here for more information on Documents to Process: Uploading Files via FTP.
Documents to Process: Manual Upload
Individual files can be uploaded within Restaurant365 via Manual Upload. Click here for more information on Manual Upload.
Documents to Process: Log and Errors
The Documents to Process Log can be used to identify any errors in your uploaded files, and how to re-import after errors have been resolved. Click here for more information on Documents to Process: Log and Errors.
Processing Uploaded Documents
Once documents are uploaded, they can be entered into the system. Click here for training on Processing Documents to Process.
When Invoices or Credit Memos are created, their attachments can be viewed side-by-side with the transaction so that the User can refer to the attachment while entering details. Click here for more information on the Attachment Viewer.
AP Invoice Form
AP Credit Memo
Learn more about the AP Credit Memo in the Classic Experience.