AR Payments are used to record the receipt of payment for an AR Invoice. AR Invoices can originate from a number of features in R365 including, AR Sales, Commissary, Franchising and House Account transactions.
When you have received Payment from a Customer you need to record it as an AR Payment, and Apply the AR Payment to an AR Invoice.
Create an AR Payment
To create an AR Payment, hover over the 'Customer' menu and select 'Customer Payment'. The AR Payment form will load in a new tab where you will complete the form header.
1) Customer - The customer record that provided the Payment
2) Date - The date the Payment was provided
3) Amount - The amount provided
4) Deposit Now - Check this box if the Payment has already been deposited. When checked, an Account Selector will appear where you will choose the Bank Account the payment was deposited into
5) Payment Method - The type of Payment
6) Number - The number associated with the Payment Method
7) Location - The Location that the AR Payment will be recorded Under
8) Comment - An optional field to document any necessary comments about the Payment
When the header is completed, locate the AR Invoice on the 'Apply' tab for the selected Customer and click the 'Apply' tab to apply the AR Payment to the AR Invoice.
Once checked, 'Approve and Close' the AR Payment to complete the process.