The AR Credit Memo is part of Accounts Receivable within the Accounting module of Restaurant365. They are generally used to apply to AR Invoices (cancel out the invoice) by issuing a Credit to a Customer.
To create an AR Credit Memo, hover over the 'Customer' menu and select 'Credit Memo'. The AR Credit Memo form will load in a new tab.
AR Credit Memo Form
1) Number - The number associated with the Credit Memo. This number will be auto-generated and can be modified on the Autonumbering page
2) Customer - The name of the Customer receiving the Credit Memo
3) Comment - An optional field to include notes about the Credit Memo
4) Date - The date this Credit Memo was created. This is auto-populated with the date this form was opened
5) Address - The address of the Customer. This will be auto-populated with the address noted on the Customer record, but it can be changed manually by clicking the 'Change Address' button next to this field
6) Location - The Location processing the Credit Memo. This will be set to the User's default Location but can be manually changed
7) Item - The item you want to credit
8) Number - The Item Number from the item record selected. This is read-only
9) Description - The default description of the item from the Item record. This field, however, can be edited
10) Unit of Measure - The Sales U of M on the Item record. This field, however can be edited
11) Quantity - The Quantity of the item being credited
12) Each Amount - The Price on the 'Sales' tab of the Item record. This is auto-populated but can be edited
13) Total - The calculation of 'Quantity' multiplied by 'Each Amount'
14) Tax checkbox - Check this box if that row is taxable and that amount will be added to the Taxable Total for this transaction
15) Add / Clear Button - Click 'Add' to include the line information into the grid below or click 'Clear' to clear out the information entered into the row
- Note: If an item needs to be deleted after adding it into the grid, click the trash can icon at the end of the line item's row
16) Tax Account - If there is a tax amount on the transaction, a GL entry will be added to the 'Distribution' tab upon saving for that amount, and the GL Account will be this tax account. This defaults from System Preferences but can be edited
17) Tax Percent - The tax percent as noted on the Location record but can be edited.
18) Total - The tax amount is calculated as the 'Taxable Total' multiplied by the 'Tax Percent'
19) Taxable Total - The sum of all detail rows where the Taxable check box is checked
Apply an AR Credit Memo
If there's an invoice this credit should be applied to, navigate to the 'Apply' tab and click the checkbox next to the invoice(s) you wish to apply this amount to.
Once all is complete you can save the transaction.
- Note: If you have applied this to invoices in the 'Apply' tab, then you must Approve instead of just saving. Selecting 'Approve' will both save and approve the transaction at the same time.