A Manual Payment is used for creating a single Ap Payment for a single Vendor. Manual Payments can be created before the corresponding AP Invoice has been entered in to Restaurant365.
Manual Payment Form
To create a Manual Payment, hover over 'Vendor' in the top ribbon and select ‘Manual Payment’. A new AP Payment form will open in a new tab where you can fill out the following fields.
1) Checking Account - The Checking Account that will provide the funds for the AP Payment
2) Number - This will auto-populate with the next Check Number for the selected account
3) Vendor - The Vendor that will receive the payment
- Note: To create a payment for a non-Vendor, utilize the Bank Withdrawal / Bank Expense form
4) Comment - Add an optional comment if desired
5) Amount - The amount of the payment
6) Amount Text - The amount of payment typed out. This will auto-populate based on the entered amount
7) Date - The date of the transaction. This will auto-populate to today's date
8) Location - The Location making the payment. This will auto-populate based on the Location assigned to the selected Bank Account
When finished, 'Save' or 'Approve' the Payment to complete the transaction.
Print a Manual Payment
To print a physical check from the AP Payment form, hover over 'Action' and select 'Print Check'. See Printing Checks for more information.
Apply a Manual Payment
Any Approved AP Invoices that are entered for the same Vendor and same Location will be listed in the 'Apply' grid. Check the 'Apply' checkbox to Apply the AP Payment to an existing AP Invoice. Save the transaction to complete the Apply process.
Recording Online Banking, Manual Check, Wire, or ACH Payments
If a payment is made using another payment method outside of Restaurant365, the Payment record can be entered in to Restaurant365 as a Manual Payment. If the Payment Method for the Vendor is set as 'Credit Card' or 'Auto-Direct Debit' no check will be generated when creating a Manual Payment. If the Payment Method is Check and a check was written outside of Restaurant365, record the Payment here as a Manual Payment, and delete the Check PDF that is generated without printing the Check.