This article covers Safe Counts, an R365 feature that allows organizations to log and track cash counts. When enabled, Users can create a Safe Count entry and enter the petty cash currently in the safe, the Entering Manager, and the Receiving Manager. When the cash totals are entered, the Safe Count form will calculate any over/short amounts.
The Over/Short amount is calculated by comparing the Actual Total in the safe and the Expected total in the safe. The Over/Short amount is the dollar amount over or short the Actual total is compared to the Expected Amount, which can be set by editing the Safe Count Settings.
This Safe Count tracking allows Users to keep monitor over/short amounts and the Managers associated with them. Safe Counts is not dependent on any other Cash Management features.
The Permissions listed here are associated with Safe Counts. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here.
Safe Counts are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- Sales & Cash
- Safe Counts
- View Safe Counts
- Edit Safe Counts
- Create Safe Counts
- Configure Safe Counts Settings
- Safe Counts
Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
Safe Counts can be found on the Cash tab of Smart Ops. In the left navigation menu, click 'Cash' under 'Sales & Forecasting' to open the Safe Counts page.
For Users with both Till Management and Safe Counts enabled, the Safe Counts page will be found under the 'Safe Counts' tab of the 'Cash' page.
- Note: Although featured on the same left navigation tab, Till Management and Safe Counts are not connected in the system
The Safe Count Grid is a log of all the Safe Count entries that have been created and saved in R365.
1) Settings - Click to open and edit the Safe Count Settings sidesheet. To learn more about editing Safe Count Settings, click here
2) + Create - Click to create a new Safe Count
3) Safe Counts List - The list of all Safe Counts logged and saved. In each row, Users can see the following information about each Safe Count entry:
- Location - The Location that the Safe Count is for
- Record Number - The identifying number assigned to the Safe Count
- Daypart - The Daypart of the Safe Count
- Date - The date of the Safe Count
- Entering Manager - The Manager that entered the Safe Count
- Receiving Manager - The Receiving Manager that the Safe Count was passed off to
- Actual Total - The actual total of the Count
- Over/Short - The calculated Over/Short in the Safe
4) Table Functions - As with all Smart Grids, from the Safe Counts grid, Users can do the following:
Safe Count Settings
The total Safe amount associated with a Safe Count entry is dependent on the Safe Count Settings. Users can click the setting gear icon to open and edit the Safe Count Settings. To learn more about Safe Count Settings, click here.
Entering a Safe Count
Users can click the +Create button to open a new Safe Count entry. To learn more about entering a Safe Count, click here.