This feature is part of the Smart Ops release.
Existing Purchased Items can be viewed in Smart Ops on the Items page. Here, Users can view Items, edit Item details, and assign Items to Location Groups.
Location Groups are used to define which Items can be used by each Location. By assigning Location Groups to Items, Users will only be able to view and edit Items that are associated with the Location(s) they have access to. Learn more about Location Groups in Smart Ops here.
Users with the following Permissions will be able to access the Items Page:
- Food → Purchased Items → View Purchased Items
Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here. The Permission Access report can be used to determine which User Roles or Users already have these Permissions assigned. Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
To access this page first, navigate to Smart Ops. In the left navigation pane, click 'Items' under 'Food Admin ' to open the Items page.
1) Item Location Groups - Click to view or edit Location Group configurations
2) +Create - Click to create a new Purchased Item Record
3) Search - Enter two or more characters to search Item names for the entered text
4) Table Views - Click to switch views, save the current view, or edit saved views
5) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' window. Once open, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type, then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered. Click the trashcan icon to remove a filter.
6) Columns - Click to add or remove Columns
7) Export - Click to Export the Item list to a .csv file
8) Refresh - Click to refresh the table and listed Items
9) Bulk Select Checkboxes - Select one or more checkboxes to open the Bulk Select menu
The following fields within the Item table can be edited directly on the page without opening the Item form:
- Item Category 1
- Item Category 2
- Item Category 3
- Cost Account
- Inventory Account
- Waste Account
- Cost Update Method
Inline Activating and Deactivating Items
Items can be activated or deactivated directly on the page by toggling the 'Active' toggle switch.
- 'On' indicates that the Item is active
- 'Off' indicates that the Item is not active
Changes are automatically saved.
Inline Editing Item Details
To edit an Item's details, hover over the desired field to open the inline editing entry box. Once the box is visible, it can be clicked to open the drop-down menu of all available options.
The drop-down list can be searched by entering two or more characters. Once text is entered, the drop-down list will be filtered for options that contain the search entered.
Select the desired option from the drop-down list. The field will briefly refresh as the change is automatically saved.
- Note: Only options available in the drop-down can be assigned. New Item Categories and GL Accounts can not be created on this page.
To remove the current assignment, hover over the desired field to open the inline editing entry box. Once the box is visible, click the 'X' to remove the current assignment. The field will briefly refresh as the change is automatically saved.
The following fields can be edited through the Bulk Edit menu:
- Location Group
- Key Item
- Item Categories
- Category 1
- Category 2
- Category 3
- GL Accounts
- Inventory Account
- Cost Account
- Waste Account
To Bulk Edit Items, check the checkbox for one or more Items to open the Bulk Edit menu.
Once all of the desired Items are selected, click the pencil icon. The Bulk Edit form will open.
Select the Attribute to edit, then enter the Value that should be assigned to the selected Item(s).
- Note: The Value options are dependent on the Attribute selected.
Click to save the changes to all of the selected Item(s), or clickto close without saving.
Attributes & Values
Location Group - Select Location Group(s) by checking the corresponding checkbox(es). Learn more about Location Groups here.
- Note: Only Location Groups that have been allowed for Operations will be listed.
Active - Select from 'Yes' and 'No'. 'Yes' indicates that the Item is active; 'No' indicates that the Item is inactive.
Key Item - Select from 'Yes' and 'No'. 'Yes' indicates that the Item is a Key Item; 'No' indicates that the Item is not a Key Item.
Item Categories - Select the appropriate option for each Category by using the drop-down menu
GL Accounts - Select the appropriate option for each GL Account by using the drop-down menu. The drop-down list can be filtered by entering part or all of a GL Account's number or name.
Purchased Item Record
Users can open existing Purchased Item Records by clicking an Item name from the Items List. To learn more about the Purchased Item Record, click here.
Adding a New Purchased Item
Adding a new Purchased Item can be done by clicking the '+Create' button from the top of the Items list. This will open the New Purchased Item form. To learn more about creating a new Purchased Item, click here.
This article was updated in Q2 2023. To read about the Classic Items List, click here.