The article is part of the AP Center release.
The Documents Queue functions as part of the Documents to Process feature in R365 that allows Users to upload a PDF or scanned image of an AP Invoice (or AP Credit Memo) to the system and then enter the details of the transaction at a later time. This is different from the EDI process where Invoice details can be imported from a CSV file.
Documents can be uploaded, reviewed, edited, deleted, and merged directly within the Documents Queue tab. Clicking on the 'Create' button will take Users to the Document To Process page with the Document already selected to create a new Invoice.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will have the ability to upload Documents to Process via the 'Manual Upload' process within R365:
Click here for training on assigning Security Roles.
Documents Queue Tab
1) Search Bar - This enables a User to search for a specific Document
2) Upload Document - This will enable the User to upload Documents directly to Documents to Process. Click here to learn more about uploading Documents
3) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' window. Once open, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type, then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered. Click the trashcan icon to remove a filter.
4) Refresh - This will refresh the list of Documents
5) Bulk Edit Checkbox - Checking one or more checkboxes will open the Bulk Edit menu with the following options:
- Edit Values - Enables the Document Type, Location, assigned User, and/or Priority of one or more documents to be updated as needed
- Delete - Removes the file from the Documents to Process window
6) Priority Flag - Click this arrow to mark an AP Invoice or Credit Memo as a priority. When hovering over this area next to a document, an arrowwill appear that can be clicked.
7) File Name - The name of the Document
8) Assigned To - The Employee assigned to inputting the transaction details into R365. This column can be filtered for all Users who have access to Documents to Process.
9) Created On - The date the upload was made
10) Pages - The number of pages for that Document
11) Location - The Location assigned to the Document. This column can be filtered for all Locations.
12) Issues - Any notes added that explain issues with the upload. This can be manually entered by the User. This column can be filtered for all issues.
13) Actions / Create - This button will send the User directly to an AP Invoice/Credit Memo form when clicked. To avoid two Users entering an AP Invoice and/or Credit Memo at once, enable Document Locking on the 'Miscellaneous' tab of System Preferences.
- Note: Locked Documents will display a greyed-outin place of the 'Create' button. However, if a User is inactive for more than 30 minutes while entering a transaction, the transaction details will not be saved and the 'Create' button will be clickable again. More details about the 'Create' button are explained in the section below.
14) Delete - This trashcan icon will delete its corresponding Document when clicked.
Reviewing Single Documents
To open a preview of the Document, click the filename. This will open the Document sidesheet. Clicking the filename a second time will close the sidesheet.
If issues are found with the Document, click '+ADD ISSUE'.
Issues can be selected from the list or added manually.
To create an Invoice for a Document, click the 'CREATE' button. This will open the AP Invoice form in a new tab.
The 'CREATE' button can be found at the top of the sidesheet or in line with the Document.
The Bulk Edit menu allows the User to edit Document details, attach to existing AP Invoices or Credit Memos, and delete, merge, or archive the selected Documents.
Clicking on one or more of the checkboxes in line with the Documents will open the Bulk Edit menu. Actions taken in the Bulk Edit menu will apply to all of the selected Documents.
Click on the pencil iconto edit the following Document details:
- Document Type - Choose from Invoice or Credit Memo
Click to save and apply changes, or click the button to close without saving.
Attach to Existing
Click the 'Attach to Existing' icon to open a sidesheet with existing AP transactions.
This list is filtered for AP Invoices by default. To view Credit Memos, change the filter from 'AP Invoice' to 'Credit Memo'.
Click to attach the selected Document to the desired AP Invoice or Credit Memo.
Click the merge iconto merge the selected Documents.
- Note: If the Documents cannot be merged, a notification will appear when hovering over the merge icon.
- Note: If the Documents have conflicting Locations, Document Types, or 'Assigned To' details, a confirmation window will ask if the conflicting value should be removed. If merged, the Document will need to have the conflicting field manually re-entered.
Click the archive iconto archive the selected Documents.
Click to archive the Documents, or to close without archiving.
Click the trashcan iconto delete the selected Documents.
Click to confirm and permanently delete the Documents, or click to close without deleting.