The workflow of a Transfer coincides with its status, enabling both the Sending and Receiving Locations to know what stage of the process a Transfer is in at any point in time. The possible Transfer statuses include:
- In Progress – Transfer has been created and saved by the Sending Location.
- Pending – Transfer has been sent to the Receiving Location for review.
- Rejected – Receiving Location identified issues with the Transfer and the Transfer has been returned to the Sending Location to correct and re-send.
- Completed – Transfer has been reviewed and accepted by the Receiving Location and is awaiting final approval.
- Approved – Transfer has been accepted and approved by the Receiving Location. The workflow is concluded.
Step 1: The Sending Location Creates the Transfer
The Sending Location creates and saves the Transfer.
Once created, ‘In Progress’ Transfers can be opened for additional editing, adding additional comments, and adding pictures or files. Saving the Transfer will save any changes made and keep the ‘In Progress’ status. While in the status of ‘In Progress’, Items can be added or edited by the Sending Location on the Items tab. Learn more about adding and editing Items here.
The Transfer will remain in the default status of 'In Progress' until the Transfer is sent to the Receiving Location.
Step 2: Status = ‘In Progress’ - The Sending Location Sends the Transfer
Any User who has access to the Sending Location can send the Transfer to the Receiving Location. Once sent, the Transfer status will change to 'Pending' until the Transfer is either accepted or rejected by the Receiving Location.
Step 3: Status = ‘Pending’ - The Receiving Location Reviews the Transfer
Users with the following Permissions and who have access to the Receiving Location will be able to review the Transfer form:
- Food → Item Transfers → Complete Item Transfer
- Food → Item Transfers → Reject Item Transfers
Users at the Receiving Location can then determine if the Transfer should be rejected or accepted.
The Action buttons are dependent on the approval permissions of the User.
- Users who do not have permission to approve will have action buttons for ‘Complete’ and ‘Reject’.
- Users who have permission to approve will have action buttons for ‘Approve’ and ‘Reject’.
- Note: Selecting 'Approve' will skip Step 4 and approve the Transfer. Users with approval permissions can 'Complete' Transfers via web browser.
At the end of this step, the Transfer will be in one of the following statuses:
- Completed - The Transfer is accepted; it is marked with a 'Completed' status and confirms that the Transfer is entered correctly and ready for final approval.
- Approved - The Transfer is accepted and approved; it is marked with the ‘Approved’ status and the workflow is concluded.
- Rejected - The Transfer is rejected; it is marked with a 'Rejected' status and the Transfer is sent back to the Sending Location. Comments are required to reject the Transfer so that the Sending Location can make the necessary changes.
- Note: All Users with access to the Transfer at the Sending Location can make the necessary changes and then re-submit the Transfer to the Receiving Location by clicking the 'RE-SEND' button.
Step 3.1: Status = ‘Rejected’ – Sending Location Reviews, Resolves, and Re-Sends
If issues were found within the Transfer and it was rejected by the Receiving Location, the Sending Location must review the Transfer, resolve the issues, and re-send. While in the status of ‘Rejected’, Items can be added, edited or removed by the Sending Location on the Items tab. Learn more about Adding and Editing Items here.
Tapping 'RE-SEND' will send the Transfer back to the Receiving Location and place it in the status of ‘Pending’ (Step 3)
Step 4: Status = ‘Completed’ - Final Approval from the Receiving Location
Users with the following Permission and who have access to the Receiving Location should review and approve the Transfer if the information entered is correct:
- Food → Item Transfers → Approve Item Transfers
If an error exists on the Transfer, click 'UNLOCK' to change the status to ‘Rejected’ and return the Transfer so that the necessary changes can be made by the Sending Location (Step 3.1)
If no errors exist on the Transfer, click 'APPROVE' to approve the Transfer and conclude the workflow.
Unapproving an Approved Transfer
Users with the following Permission and who have access to both the Sending and Receiving Locations have the option to unapprove an approved Transfer if it is later determined to be entered incorrectly and needs to be updated:
- Food → Item Transfers → Unapprove Item Transfers
To unapprove, tap 'UNAPROVE'.
Once unapproved, the Transfer will be marked as 'Completed' (Step 4). From here it can be ‘Unlocked’; this will result in the Transfer being sent back to the Sending Location in the ‘Rejected’ status so that the necessary changes can be made (Step 3.1).
Transfer Workflow Flowchart