The Shopping Lists feature is a part of the New Purchase Order module and allows Users to combine multiple Purchased Items from multiple Vendors into a single Order Guide for ease of ordering. When put in use, the Shopping List becomes the Ordering Suggestion form, where item quantities can be entered and submitted to the Vendor as Purchase Orders. Once the items are fulfilled, the Purchase Orders created from the Order Suggestion form can be applied to AP Invoices.
Learn more about the New Purchase Order module and how to set it up correctly in order to begin using Shopping Lists.
This article covers the following topics:
- Create a Shopping List
- Use a Shopping List
- Shopping List Sidesheet
- Edit a Shopping List
Learn more about security access here.
Create a Shopping List
Create a new Shopping List by navigating to the Orders page, clicking the '+ Create' button, and then selecting 'Shopping List'. A new Shopping List will open in a sidesheet.
When this sidesheet opens, complete the following steps:
- Fill in the 'General Information' section
- Add items to the Items grid in bulk or individually
- Update all rows with unmatched data (missing Preferred Vendor, Preferred Vendor Item, Preferred UofM, or all of these)
- Note: Items will not be added individually if these fields are not updated
- Save the sidesheet and then either close or put the Shopping List in use
Use a Shopping List
A Shopping List can be put in use to open the Order Suggestion form and initiate the ordering process. Users can then enter in the necessary quantities, review the corresponding created Purchase Orders, and then save or submit those Purchase Orders to their Vendors. Click here to learn more about using a Shopping List.
Shopping List Sidesheet
Complete the following fields and actions to create a new Shopping List.
1) Location - A listing of all Locations that the User has access to. This field will display the User's default Location and include a Source Link iconthat will open the selected Location's record
2) Name - The name of the Shopping List. This name must be unique to each Location
3) Description - An optional field where the Shopping List can be defined
4) Search Bar - This will filter the grid for the values entered. Two characters must be entered to begin the search
5) Excel Download - This will export the grid to Excel
6) Show Unmatched Only - # - Toggle this on to filter the grid for the number of rows with unmatched data. The Shopping List cannot be saved until this data is matched. This data includes:
- Preferred Vendor
- Preferred Vendor Item
- Preferred UofM
7) + Bulk Add - This will open a modal where items can be added in bulk by Item Category. Select the Item Category type and the desired Item Category and then click 'Add # Items' to add all category items. Click outside of this modal to close the modal without adding any items
- Note: The 'Preferred Vendor', 'Preferred Vendor Item', and 'Preferred Vendor UofM' fields must have an entry before the Shopping List can be saved. Enable the 'Show Unmatched Only - #' toggle in order view the rows that need this data entered
8) + Add Item - This will enable the User to add items individually. Learn more about adding items below
- Note: The 'Preferred Vendor', 'Preferred Vendor Item', and 'Preferred Vendor UofM' fields must have an entry in order to add items to the Items grid
9) Total - This will display the total cost of all items from the grid. Click the drop-down arrow next to the total amount to view a break out of the cost by Item Category
10) Use Shopping List - This will put the Shopping List in use, meaning that item quantities can be entered. Click here to learn more about putting Shopping Lists in use
- Note: All required fields must be entered before a Shopping List can be put in use
11) Save - This will save the Shopping List and add it to the 'Shopping Lists' tab of the Orders page
Add Items Individually
Users can add items individually by clicking the '+ Add Item' button, typing in the name of the item in the 'Item' selector that appears, and then clicking the desired item. Click outside of the item row to add the item. Users will then have to complete the following fields if not auto-filled:
- Preferred Vendor - The Vendor associated with the selected item. This will autofill to a Vendor if only one option exists. If there are multiple Vendors, select the desired Vendor
- Preferred Vendor Item- The Vendor Item associated with the selected item and Preferred Vendor. This will autofill to a Vendor Item if only one option exists. If there are multiple Vendor Items, select the desired Vendor Item
- Note: When viewing the Vendor Item drop-down listing, the price of the item per Inventory Unit of Measure will be listed next to the item for reference
- Preferred UofM - The Unit of Measure associated with the Preferred Vendor Item. This will autofill to the Preferred Vendor Item Purchasing Unit of Measure unless a split exists on the Vendor Item, where the desired Split UofM can be chosen from the drop-down selector
Items can be rearranged easily from within the Items grid by clicking, dragging, and dropping an item's rearrange iconin the desired order.
Items can be removed from the Items grid individually or in bulk.
- Individually - Horizontally scroll to the end of the item row, hover over the row, and then click the 'x' icon that appears at the end of that row
- In Bulk - Select the desired items from the Item's grid and click the 'Delete' button that appears in the bottom, right corner of the grid
When all fields and actions are complete for this Shopping List, ensure to save the list.
Edit a Shopping List
Shopping Lists can be edited by navigating to the 'Shopping Lists' tab of the Orders page and then clicking into and updating the fields of the desired list. In addition to the fields and actions described above, Users can also complete the following actions while editing a list.
1) Save - This will save the changes made
2) Print - This will print the Shopping List and its details
3) Context Menu - This contains the options to:
- Delete - Delete the Shopping List
- Export - Download the Shopping List to Excel
4) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating and editing a Shopping List
5) Full Screen - This will expand the sidesheet to full screen. Once full screen, this icon can be clicked to minimize the sidesheet back to its original size
6) Close - This will close the sidesheet without saving any of the changes made