The User Locations form is where Locations can be added in mass to User records. This can be helpful to utilize when multiple new Users are onboarded at once or when a range of Locations are added.
It is important to note that Users can only access this screen with either the Full Access Primary Security Role or the User Setup Secondary Security Role.
The User Locations form can be opened by hovering over 'Administration' in the top ribbon and then 'Users & Security' in its drop-down menu and clicking 'User Locations'.
Update User Locations
User Locations can be updated from the User Locations form or from the Import Tool.
User Locations Form
Once opened, a listing of all Users will appear. From this listing, select the Users that will need Locations assigned to them. The Location assignments will save automatically as they are made.
- Note: Only Users that have their Locations on their User records set to 'All Locations' or 'Specific Locations' will be included in this section
1) All Locations - If this User should have access to all Locations (currently and future Locations), then check the box for 'All Locations' at the end of their User Name row
2) Select Location(s) - If this User should only have access to specific Locations, then choose the Location(s) in the 'Select Location' drop-down next to the User list and click 'Add To User'. Repeat for each Location the User should have access to
Users can update one or more User's Locations from the Import Tool. Simply click the desired option and then 'Create New' for 'Type' and update the file accordingly before reimporting the file. Options include:
- User Location - This will mark the User's Location security as 'Specific Locations' and provide that User access to the listed Locations
- User Location by Legal Entity - This will mark the User's Location security as 'By Legal Entity' and provide that User access to all current and future Locations tied to the listed Legal Entity
- User Location by Reporting Category - This will mark the User's Location security as 'By Location Reporting Category' and provide that User access to all current and future Locations tied to the listed Location Reporting Category