Log Entries can be created to document any important or relevant notes for the day. Additional items, such as attachments, tags, and priority statuses, can be included to further define an entry.
Once Log Entries are saved, they can be viewed on the Home page for the date and Location specified as well as included on the Log Entries page. Log Entries can always be edited by the User who created them as needed and will include a 'Comments' section where Users can enter comments about the entry. Click here to learn more about the 'Comments' section of a Log Entry.
On a mobile device? Learn about creating a Log Entry here.
Note: This is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Create a Log Entry
Users can create a Log Entry in one of three ways:
- Classic Manager Log - Click the 'Logbook Entries NEW!' hyperlink from the Classic Manager Log's left navigation pane. This will open a new Log Entry on the Log Entries page
- Home Page - In the Daily Comments Tools box, click the 'Tell us something we should know...' box to open a new Log Entry modal
- Log Entries Page - Navigate to the Log Entries page and click '+ Log Entry' in the top, right corner of the page. This will open a new Log Entry modal
Log Entry Modal
When the 'Add Log Entry' modal opens, enter in the necessary details to create your entry. Required fields will either include an asterisk or have icons highlighted in blue.
1) Location - The Location tied to this Log Entry
2) Category - The category associated with this entry
3) Description - A text field where details in relation to the selected category can be entered
4) Log Day - The day that pertains to the entry. This field will default to the current date based on the Location's time zone but can be updated by clicking the field and selecting the desired date from the calendar that appears
5) Daypart - The daypart that corresponds to the entry description. Dayparts listed are based on the dayparts set up in the Labor Matrix, if configured, or the Schedule Calendar, if the Labor Matrix is not configured, for the selected Location
- Note: If there are no dayparts configured, then this will not be an option
6) Priority - When clicked, this icon's color will change to blue and an 'Importance' selector will be displayed where a priority status can be selected. This can help point other Users to higher priority items. Options include:
- Should Read
- Must Read
7) Tag Employee - When clicked, this icon's color will change to blue and an 'Employees' selector will be displayed where one or more Employees at the selected Location can be chosen in connection with the entry
- Note: Log Entries that include tagged Employees will also be posted as an Employee Note on the corresponding Employee forms
8) Add Tag - When clicked, this icon's color will change to blue and a 'Tags' selector will be displayed where one or more tags related to the category can be chosen in connection with the entry
9) Add Attachment - When clicked, this icon's color will change to blue and open an attachments section, where the User can drag and drop or click the box to upload an attachment. A max of 5 documents can be attached. Users can also download an attachment by clicking the Source Iconor remove an attachment by clicking the Remove iconwhen hovering over its thumbnail
- Note: Up to 10 attachments can be added to a Log Entry. Supported file formats include:
- Images - png, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp, jpe, svg
- Video - mp4, mov, wmv
- Audio - m4a, mp3, wav
- Other - pdf, csv, txt, doc, docx, xls, xlsx
10) Post - This will post the Log Entry to the Log Entries page
11) Close Out - This will close out of the Log Entry modal without saving any changes
12) DSS Entry Tag - This will appear to signify that the selected Category is linked to the DSS
Edit a Log Entry
Users will either be able to edit all Log Entries or just their own entries, based on the preferences set by Admin Users who built out their Location's Logbook. By default, Users are only able to edit their own entries. Depending on the permissions set, there may be limited editing abilities.
Regardless of whether Users can edit their own or all Log Entries, Users can edit an entry simply by navigating to the Log Entries page and clicking into the desired Log Entry. This will open the entry in a sidesheet, where any details can be updated and then saved by clicking the 'Save' button.
To delete an entry, click the trash can iconlisted next to the 'Save' button and confirm its deletion from the confirmation message that appears.
Enter Log Entry Comments
Once a Log Entry is initially saved, Users can return to the Log Entry and leave comments about the details entered in the 'Comments' section. Click here to learn how to enter Log Entry comments.