Admin Users have the ability to define and rearrange categories as well as set suggested preferences for new Logbooks from the Logbook Settings sidesheet. Default settings will be listed but can be easily updated depending on your Organization's preferences. While not all settings need to be updated, tags can only be created within Logbook Settings.
This article reviews the following:
- Open Logbook Settings
- Categories Tab
- Tags Tab
Note: This is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Open Logbook Settings
Logbook settings can be opened by clicking the wheel icon next to the '+ Logbook' button.
When the Logbook Settings sidesheet opens, Users can navigate between the 'Categories' and 'Tags' tabs to manage each of these settings.
- Note: Any update made to the Logbook settings will be automatically saved.
The 'Categories' tab includes two sections: Categories and Category Details. At this time, only the listed categories can have their preferences set and Log Entries created for them.
- Note: Any custom categories built in the Classic Manager Log will be carried over as tags. Historical Notes from the Classic Manager Log that were created will be tagged with the custom category name and assigned the 'Uncategorized' category.
Logbook categories and their default descriptions include:
- Sales Notes - Enter in any pertinent sales information for the day/shift
- Summary - Summarize the events of your shift or the day
- Employees - Describe relevant details about Employee performance from your shift
- Maintenance - Make note of any maintenance tasks that will need to take place around the building
- Food and Drink - Note any important details about food and drink from your shift
- Customers - Document customer complaints, compliments, or actions that occurred during your shift
- Uncategorized - Make note of any relevant shift details outside of the listed categories
When a category is selected in the Categories section, its details will open in the Category Details section. Key aspects of the 'Categories' tab are described below.
1) Rearrange Icon - This icon will enable a User to drag and drop categories in the desired order when clicked
2) Category Description - A description of the category. Categories will have a default description, which can be updated as needed
3) 'Preferences' Sub-Tab - This sub-tab is where standard category preferences are set as the default selections when a new Logbook is configured. These preferences include the following:
- Required Fields - The fields that will need to be completed by Entry Users before an entry can be saved
- Default to DSS Entry - This will either post the Log Entry to the DSS or not. If linked to the DSS, then all entries will be listed under their corresponding categories on the Flash Report as well
4) 'Category Tags' Sub-Tab - This sub-tab is where tags are included or excluded from the currently selected category when a new Logbook is created. Tags can be created and managed from the 'Tags' sub-tab
The 'Tags' tab is where tags can be added and managed for all Categories. From this tab, all tags are listed and can be filtered and exported, if needed.
1) Search Bar - This will search the list for the values entered
2) + Add Tag - This will add a line where a new tag can be created. Learn more about adding tags below
3) Filter - This will filter the listing based on selected criteria
4) Excel - This will download the listing to an Excel file
5) Tag - The name of the tag. This can be updated easily by clicking the tag name, entering in a new name, and clicking outside of the box
6) Categories - This lists the categories that will include this tag. This can be updated easily by clicking the categories section of the tag, deleting and/or adding a new category, and then clicking outside of the box
7) Delete - This will remove the tag from the tag listing and 'Category Tag' sub-tab of the 'Details' tab
- Note: If a tag is deleted, historical entries that used the tag will still include it on their entry, but no new or existing entr
Create a Tag
Tags can be created easily. Simply click the '+ Add Tag' button above the tags listing and a new row will be displayed. Enter the tag name and select the categories that can utilize this tag. Click the checkmark icon at the end of the row to add the tag.
A couple of icons to note for the tag name field:
- - This icon will first be displayed to indicate a required field. This icon will be removed when an entry is made and then displayed once more if more than 20 characters are entered. Tag names with more than 20 characters will not be saved
- - This icon will remove the entry made when clicked
Update and Delete a Tag Individually
Tags can be updated as easily as they are created. Simply click into the tag name or category field of the desired tag, make the necessary changes, and then click outside of box to save any changes.
Delete a tag from the listing by clicking its trash can iconlisted at the end of its row.
Update and Delete a Tag in Bulk
Tags can be updated in bulk from the Tags listing. To do this, select all of the desired tags and then complete one of the actions from the toolbar menu that appears at the bottom of the grid.
- - This will open a category selector field where a category can be added to the selected tags
- - This will delete the tag from the listing
- - This will close out the toolbar menu and deselect the selected items