As soon as Logbooks are enabled, Users can start creating Log Entries. No additional configuration is required. Admin Users can, however, refine the Log Entry creation and review experience by configuring custom Logbooks.
The Logbook portion of Manager Log is where Logbook settings, such as Logbook preferences and tags, can be set and managed. Default preferences help to provide some guidance as Admin Users define preferred options for Logbooks. While not all preferences need to be set, creating and updating tags are an important aspect of Logbook Settings.
Once the necessary settings are chosen, new Logbooks can be created to reflect the needs of each Restaurant Location. This includes disabling unneeded categories, setting editing permissions and required fields, and choosing the tags available for a Category's Log Entry. All Logbooks are automatically saved as they are filled out.
The Permissions listed here are associated with Logbooks. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here.
Logbook Permissions are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- Manager Log Smart Ops
- Logbook Settings
- View Logbook Settings
- Edit Logbook Settings
- View Logbooks
- Edit Logbooks
- Create Logbooks
- Delete Logbooks
- Logbook Settings
Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
Users can open the new Logbook page by completing one of the following actions:
- Logbook Entries Navigation - Click 'Logbook Entries NEW!' in the Manager Log module. This will open the Log Entries page
- Smart Operations Navigation - First, navigate to. Once the corresponding page loads, the User can click 'Logbooks' under 'Manager Log' to open the Logbooks page. From this page, Users can create a new Logbook and update Logbook settings.
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
2) + Logbook - This will create a new Logbook. Click here to learn how to create a new Logbook
3) Logbook Settings - This will open the Logbook Settings sidesheet where categories and tags can be set. Click here to learn more about Logbook Settings
4) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit saved views of this list. Simply click this icon and then either 'Save Current View' to save the new view or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected saved view. All saved views are listed above these two action buttons
Logbook: Logbook Settings
The Logbook Settings sidesheet is where default preferences and tags can be set for new Logbooks. Click here to learn more about Logbook Settings.
Logbook: Default Logbook
All Locations will be assigned to the Default Logbook initially until a custom Logbook is assigned to them. Click here to learn more about the Default Logbook.
Logbook: Create and Edit a Logbook
Logbooks can be created and edited as needed to reflect the needs of each Restaurant Location. Click here to learn more about how to create and edit a Logbook.