Users can make AP Approvals from the R365 Red App. From AP Approvals, Users can complete necessary approvals for Invoice and/or Payment Runs.
This article reviews the following:
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to access the AP Approvals dashboard and its transactions:
- Full Access
- Accounting Admin
- Accounting Clerk
Users with the following Security Roles will be able to approve AP Transactions:
- Full Access (Primary)
- Accounting Admin (Primary)
- Approve AP (Secondary)
- Approve AP Credit
- Approve AP Invoice
Users with the following Security Roles will be able to unapprove AP Transactions:
- Full Access (Primary)
- Unapprove AP (Secondary)
Users with the Payment Run Approver role can approve Payment Runs.
Open the Approvals dashboard by logging into the R365 Red App, tapping the menu icon, then tapping 'Accounts Payable' and selecting 'AP Approvals'.
AP Approvals Dashboard
The AP Approvals dashboard allows Users to Navigate to Invoice and Payment Run lists. Users can then complete necessary approvals.
- Note: Users with permissions to see both Invoice Approvals and Payment Run Approvals will see both Invoices and Payment Runs on the AP Approvals Dashboard. If the User has permission to see one type of approval, they will be taken straight to the relevant list view.
1) Invoices - Tap to view a complete list of all Invoices in progress. Invoices can be approved or unapproved.
2) Assigned to Me - Tap to view unapproved transactions assigned to the User and waiting for approval.
3) Payment Runs - Tap to view all Payment Runs.
The AP Approvals Invoices Dashboard allows Users to easily sort and modify Invoices.
1) My Approvals - All unapproved transactions assigned to the User and waiting for approval. When reviewing any of the Approvals lists, the User's profile icon will appear next to the transactions assigned to the User
- Note: This shortcut will only be displayed if Workflows in enabled for your database. In addition to this, only invoices that are completed and need to be reviewed will appear on this list. Documents assigned in Documents to Process will need to be transcribed before they will be included on this list and ready for approval
2) Overdue - All unapproved transactions waiting for approval beyond their due date
3) Due Today - All unapproved transactions that have an approval due date of the current day
4) This Week - All unapproved transactions that have an approval due date over the next 7 days
5) Unapproved - All unapproved transactions
6) Approved - All approved transactions
7) Filter Menu - Allows Users to filter through transactions based on
- Type of Transaction
- Date Range
8) Upload - This shortcut opens the document upload prompt. Click here to learn more about uploading documents via the R365 Red App
Approve / Unapprove Transactions
When jumping into a transactions list, Users with approval abilities will be able to approve the AP Transactions provided. Click here to learn how to approve and unapprove AP Transactions on the R365 Red App.
By selecting Payment Runs, Users can view, modify, and approve Payment runs.
1) Unapproved - All unapproved Payment Runs
2) Approved - All approved Payment Runs
3) Filter Menu- Open the filter menu to sort Payment Runs by
- Date Range
- Bank Account
4) Payment Run - Shows all Payment Run details:
5) Upload - This shortcut opens the document upload prompt. Click here to learn more about uploading documents via the R365 Red App
Review and Approve Payment Runs
Tapping the Payment Run will allow Users to view all the Vendor details and Basic Information about the Payment Run. Users can review, edit invoices, and approve Payment Runs from the R365 App.
This article was rewritten on August 26, 2022. View the previous documentation here.