Important Note: This integration is only available to Customers with the Core Operations plan.
Send important Accounting information directly from R365 to QuickBooks Online (QBO) through the QuickBooks Online Integration. With this integration, your organization's QuickBooks account will be connected to R365, allowing for not only financial data but also new GL Accounts and their connections to be transferred instantaneously to your QuickBooks Online account.
This article reviews the following:
- Daily Sales Summary Data Push to QBO
- QBO Integration Setup
- Removing QBO Integration
- Managing GL Account Mapping
Users with the following Primary Security Roles can access the QuickBooks Online Integration Setup screen and all of its functions:
- Full Access
- Accounting Manager
Daily Sales Summary Data Push to QBO
Pushing financial data to QuickBooks is as easy as a click of a button.
When the QBO Integration is setup, Daily Sales Summaries will have their DSS data automatically sent over to QuickBooks Online when a Restaurant Manager marks them a 'Complete'.
To make this push successful, follow the 'QBO Integration Setup' section below.
QBO Integration Setup
To begin the initial setup of the QuickBooks Integration, click your username in the top, right corner of the Smart Ops Home page and click 'Integrations'.
The 'Integrations' modal will open to display all current connections. In the gray 'Intuit QuickBooks' box, click the 'Connect' button. This will open the initial integrations page, which is where the Connecting Admin is chosen.
The Connecting Admin is an Admin User that will be administering this connection and who will receive any QBO Integration communication emails.
Once selected, click the 'Connect to QuickBooks' button that is enabled at the bottom of the modal. A pop-up modal will appear where the User will sign into their QuickBooks Online account. Once signed in, a success message will appear to show that the connection between R365 and QBO is complete.
Removing QBO Integration
QuickBooks Online Integration can be removed at any time. Admin Users will first need to open the 'Integrations' modal and click the 'Edit' button in the gray 'Intuit QuickBooks' box.
On the following screen, click the 'Disconnect from QuickBooks Online' button in the bottom, left corner of the modal. This will open a warning message where the User can confirm that the QBO connection should be disconnected from R365.
Managing GL Account Mapping
Both R365 and QBO GL Accounts can be created and updated from the 'Connection Mapping' sidesheet.
To open this sidesheet, first begin by opening the 'Integrations' modal and clicking the 'Edit' button in the gray 'Intuit QuickBooks' box.
On the following screen, click the 'Edit Account Mapping' button in the bottom, right corner of the modal. This will open the 'Connection Mapping - QuickBooks Online' sidesheet where GL Account information can be created and/or updated.
1) 'GL Accounts' Tab - This will list all R365 GL Accounts and their connections to QuickBooks External Accounts
3) Search Bar - This will search the listing for the values entered
4) All Quick-Filter - This will apply a filter to view all GL Accounts
5) Mapped Quick-Filter - This will apply a filter to view all GL Accounts mapped to a QuickBooks External Account
6) Unmapped Quick-Filter - This will apply a filter to view all GL Accounts that are not mapped to a QuickBooks External Account
7) GL Account Creator - This enables the User to select and create the type of GL Account they want to create. Once a new GL Account is saved, it will be automatically added / updated in QuickBooks. Options include:
- R365 GL Account - This GL Account will require a GL Account Name, Number, and GL Type
- QBO External Account - This GL Account will require a Name, Number, GL Type, and a Sub-Type, if needed
8) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the grid. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' modal. Once opened, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select 'Apply' to filter the table for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove the filter
9) GL Account - The GL Account in R365. Click the GL Account to open its GL Account record
10) GL Type - The GL Type of the R365's GL Account (#9). Click the GL Type to open its GL Type record
11) External Account - The QuickBooks Account that is tied to the GL Account (#9). Click this field to view and select from a listing of all QBO Accounts. When an External Account is mapped to an R365 GL Account, the Source Linkwill be enabled, allowing the User a direct link to their Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
- Note: External Accounts can also be updated in bulk. Learn more below
12) Save - This will save the changes made
13) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating and editing GL Accounts
14) Full Screen - This will expand the sidesheet to full screen. This can then return back to its original size by clicking the minimize icon
15) Close - This will close the sidesheet without saving
Once all R365 GL Account records are mapped to a QuickBooks External GL Account, ensure to save the changes made. All updates made to this sidesheet will be updated in QuickBooks Online.
Updating External Accounts in Bulk
R365 GL Accounts must be mapped to their QBO External Account for data to be directly transferred to QuickBooks accurately.
Users can update individual connections or update connections in bulk by selecting the desired GL Accounts, clicking the 'Edit External Account' button at the bottom of the listing, and choosing one of the QBO External Accounts. This will then update all selected GL Accounts.
- Note: Ensure to click 'Save' before closing out of the 'Connection Mapping' sidesheet.