The Commissary Catalog houses all items marked as Commissary Items in the New Commissary module. Once Items are added to this page, they can be managed from their item record or directly from the grid. Multiple fields are editable from the Catalog grid, enabling Admin Users to make updates to Commissary as needed without having to open and save multiple item records in one sitting.
Commissary Items can be added from the grid and then edited or deleted directly from their Item record. Click here to learn how to add, copy, and manage Commissary Items.
This article reviews the following:
- Page Functions
- Grid Functions
- Create and Edit Commissary Categories
- Add and Manage Commissary Items
Have the Commissary module but want this new version added to your Smart Ops screen? Reach out to your Coach or Customer Success Manager to learn how!
While in Smart Ops, open the left navigation pane and click 'Catalog' under 'Commissary'. This will open to the Catalog page.
Page and List Functions
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking another column header.
1) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the values entered
2) + Add Items - This button will enable the User to add more Commissary Items. Click here to learn how to add Commissary Items
3) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit Saved Views of this grid. Simply click this icon and then either 'Save Current View' to save the new View or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected Saved View. All Saved Views are listed above these two action buttons
4) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' modal. Once opened, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column, Filter Type, and then the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
5) Columns - This lists all of the columns available to display in the Catalog grid. Check or uncheck a column name to include or exclude it, respectively, in the list. Columns can also be reorganized by dragging and dropping the desired column's rearrange iconwhere needed
6) Excel - This will download the listed information into an Excel file
7) Refresh - This will refresh the listing
8) Commissary Item - The name of the Commissary Items. Click this field to view the details of the Commissary Item
9) Item Type - The type of the item used in Commissary. Options include:
10) ID - The Commissary ID for the Commissary Item. This field is editable from the grid
11) Available - This toggle will display whether the item is available (toggled on and appears blue) to order or not (toggled off and appears gray). This can be modified from the grid and will be updated on all Order Guides that include this item
- Note: Marking an item as unavailable is beneficial for Seasonal Items, among others
12) Category - This field can list the Category tag for this item. Categories can be selected by clicking into this field and choosing the correct Category or can be created, edited, or deleted from the drop-down listing that appears. Remove a Category from a Commissary Item by hovering over the Category and clicking the 'x' icon that appears next to it. Click here to learn more about creating and editing Categories
13) Selling UofM - The Unit of Measure that the Commissary Item is sold as. Clicking into this field will display a drop-down list of all UofMs that share the same Item Type (#9) as the Source Item, which can be updated as needed from the grid
14) Order Guides - The Order Guide(s) that include this Commissary Item. If more than one Order Guide is connected to this item, the amount of Order Guides will be displayed and can be clicked into to view each one. Each guide is also linked to its Order Guide in Smart Ops and will open to the guide when clicked
15) Cost - The current cost of the Commissary Item for the Commissary Location. If this item is received at more than one Commissary Location, then this field will display the average of all Commissary Locations
- Note: Commissary Item costs that are listed as $0 will not be included in this average
16) Markup - This dictates the markup percentage or price of the item, if any. The markup amount can be updated directly from the grid by clicking into the desired item's markup field, choosing the Markup Type, entering in the Markup Amount, and then clicking out of the field. This will automatically update the Selling Price (#17). Markup Types include:
- - The percentage of the Cost (#15) that should be marked up
- - The dollar amount that should be added to the Cost (#15)
- - The flat rate price of the Commissary Item regardless of its Cost (#15)
- Note: The Markup Amount can be entered as a positive or negative value
- Note: The Markup Amount can be entered as a positive or negative value
17) Selling Price - The price of this Commissary Item when it is sold. This amount is a combination of the Cost (#15) and the Markup Amount (#16). This field can be updated directly from the grid, which will then update the Markup (#16) amount accordingly
19) Sales Account - The Sales Account set on the item record. This can be edited from the grid by clicking into the field and selecting an account from a listing of all Sales or Cost of Sales GL Types
20) Taxable - This toggle will display whether this Commissary Item is taxable (toggled on and displays as blue) or not (toggled off and displays as gray). If toggled on, this Item will be automatically checked as 'Taxable' on the AR Invoice or AR Credit Memo form
From the Catalog, Users have the option of two grid functions after a Commissary Item is selected:
- - This will add the selected Commissary Item to an existing Order Guide. When clicked, the 'Add to Existing Order Guide' modal will appear where the User can choose the Order Guide(s) that this item will be added to and then click 'Apply' to add the item
- - This will create a duplicate record of the item. The new item will include a '[COPY]' note before the Item name and can be updated to include a different Name, Unit of Measure, Cost, and more depending on Commissary needs
Create and Edit Commissary Categories
Commissary Categories are used to group items for filtering purposes within the Commissary Catalog page. Categories can be created and managed from the Catalog grid.
Create a Category
Create a new Category by first clicking into any Category field and then clicking 'Edit Commissary Categories' at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears.
All of the current Categories will then become editable. At the bottom of the Category listing, click '+ New Category' to enter in the new Category name. Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard to add the new Category.
Edit a Category
Categories can be managed by first clicking into any Category field and then clicking 'Edit Commissary Categories' at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears.
From here, Users can either edit or delete a Category:
- Edit - Edit a Category by clicking its name, updating it, and then clicking 'Apply' at the bottom of the menu
- Delete - Delete a Category by clicking the 'x' icon next to the Category name and then 'Apply' at the bottom of the menu
Commissary Catalog: Add and Manage Commissary Items
Commissary Items can be added and managed from the Catalog grid. Click here to learn the details on adding and editing Commissary Items.