This is a part of Smart Ops. Click here to learn more about Smart Ops.
The Invoices page lists all AP Invoices and Credit Memos entered in the system. From this page, Users can see several details about each AP Invoice, including its Status, and can create saved table views to make review easier and more efficient.
Users can create and/or edit an AP Invoice from this page. When AP Invoices are finalized, they can be marked as 'Completed' and then sent to be reviewed and approved by higher level Users.
Click here for a printable guide of the AP Invoice Form.
The Permissions listed here are associated with AP Invoices. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here.
Important Note: These Permissions are for Smart Ops only and does not provide access to AP Invoices within 'Accounting'.
Docs to Process Permissions are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- AP Invoices
- View AP Invoices Within Food
- Edit AP Invoices
- Create AP Invoices
- Assign Missing Items
- Complete AP Invoices
- Unlock AP Invoices
- Approve AP Invoices
- Unapprove AP Invoices
- Delete AP Invoices
- AP Invoices
Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
To access AP Invoices, first navigate to Smart Ops. In the left navigation pane, click 'Invoices' under 'Food' to open the Invoices page.
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) Search Bar - This will search the listing for the characters entered
3) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit saved views of this list. Simply click this icon and then either 'Save Current View' to save the new view or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected view. All saved views are listed above these two action buttons
4) Filter - This allows the User to create a filter for the table. Click the filter icon to open the 'Filter Columns' modal. Once open, click '+ Add Filter' to select the Column and Filter Type and then enter the Value that should be filtered. Select the 'Apply' button to filter the table for the information entered or click the trash can icon to remove a filter
5) Columns - This lists all of the columns available to display . Check or uncheck a column name to include or exclude it, respectively, in the list. Columns can also be reorganized by dragging and dropping the desired column's rearrange iconwhere needed
6) Excel - This will download the listed information into an Excel file
7) Refresh - This will refresh the listing
AP Invoices: Create an AP Invoice
When an AP Invoice is created, details about the invoice can be entered by linking a Purchase Order or by inputting items individually. Click here to learn all aspects of creating and entering in an AP Invoice.
AP Invoices: Review and Approve AP Invoices
Once AP Invoices are completed, they can be approved. Click here to learn about the review and approval process.
AP Invoices: Link Purchase Order
Purchase Orders can be directly linked to an AP Invoice from the AP Invoice sidesheet. Click here to learn more about linking Purchase Orders.
AP Invoices and Credit Memos: Split View
Users can upload and host a file side-by-side with an AP Invoice as details are being entered. Click here to learn more about uploading files and using the Split View.
AP Invoices: Alerts and Unlinked Items
The 'Alerts' and 'Unlinked Items' tabs will display if there is an issue with the invoice. Click here to learn more about Alerts and Unlinked Items.