This is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
The Admin page is where Overtime Rules, Break Rules, Split Shift and Clopening Rules, Minor Rules, Tip Makeup Rules, the Labor Matrix, and Pay Periods can be updated to reflect the needs of your Organization. From this page, Users with the necessary security access can view, create, and edit existing rules as they navigate between the corresponding tabs. Custom Table Views can also be created to provide only the necessary details when opening each tab.
In addition to this, the Labor Matrix, which is the foundation for the Labor configuration that assists in forecasting Labor, and Pay Cycles, can be accessed on this page when Smart Labor is enabled for your database. Contact your CSM or R365 Support to learn more about how Smart Labor can enhance your R365 experience!
The Permissions listed here are associated with the Admin Page. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here.
Punch Edit Permissions are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- Labor Rules
- Break Rules
- Minor Rules
- Overtime Rules
- Split Rules
- Tip Makeup Rules
- Pay Periods
- View Pay Periods
- Edit Pay Periods
- Create Pay Periods
- View/Edit Labor Matrix Setup
- Labor Rules
Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
To open this page, first navigate to Smart Ops. In the left navigation pane, click 'Admin' under 'Labor' to open the Admin page.
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) Overtime Rules Tab - This tab lists details about each User-created Overtime Rule, which will be reflected on the Schedule Calendar and assist in Scheduling Employees. Click here to learn more about the Overtime Rules tab
2) Break Rules Tab - This tab contains the Rule Groups for Break Rules. Break Rules assist in updating Employee Total Labor Hours on the Schedule Calendar, which will be reduced by the total break minutes per day and/or per shift. If 'Break and Split Penalties' is enabled, the Break Rules also contain the configurations for Break Penalties. Learn more about the Break Rules tab here
3) Split Rules Tab - This tab is only available if 'Break and Split Penalties' is enabled. This tab contains the Rule Groups for Split and Clopening Rules. Learn more about Split and Clopening Rules here.
4) Minor Rules Tab - This tab lists details about each User-created Minor Rule. Setting up Minor Rules help the Scheduler as they build out each upcoming schedule by receiving an alert each time a Minor Rule is violated. Click here to learn more about the Minor Rules tab
5) Tip Makeup - This tab contains the Rule Groups for Tip Makeup. Tip Makeup Rules apply Tip Makeup earnings for Employees whose hourly rate for all hours worked in the week, including tips, falls below the minimum wage. Learn more about Tip Makeup here.
6) Labor Matrix Tab - This tab is only available when Smart Labor is enabled for your database. It hosts the Labor Matrix, which is used to detail the Jobs and the Labor hours needed per Job based on the Sales coming in. This will build the foundation of the Labor Forecast, ensuring for an accurate representation of the number of Employees need per hour. Click here to learn more about the Labor Matrix tab
7) Pay Periods Tab - This tab is only available when Punch Edit Auto-Lock is enabled for your database. Setting up Pay Cycles will track when a pay cycle begins and ends and, when Punch Edits is enabled, will also include the ability to auto-lock 'Labor' sections of the Daily Sales form so that Managers update Labor punches in an appropriate time frame. Click here to learn more about the Pay Periods tab
8) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
9) + Create - This will enable Users with the proper security access to create one of the following:
10) Table Views - This enables the User to create and edit saved views of this list. Simply click this icon and then either 'Save Current View' to save the new view or 'Edit Table Views' to edit the selected saved view. All saved views are listed above these two action buttons
Overtime Rules Tab
User-created Overtime Rules help to enforce your Organization's and/or State's overtime criteria by applying these rules to each selected Location's Schedule Calendar. Click here to learn more about Overtime Rules.
Break Rules Tab
The Break Rules tab contains Rule Groups for Break Rules.
Break Rules can be configured to comply with your organization's policies and/or your local labor laws for Employee breaks. When a Location is assigned to a Rule Group, the Break Rules are then represented on the Schedule Calendar for that Location.
Calculation of Break Penalties is available for Early Adopters. When enabled, Break Rules can be configured to calculate penalties associated with the violation of Break Rules. These penalties are represented on the Schedule Calendar, as well as in Labor Reporting and Dashboards for applied Locations.
- Important Note: When 'Break and Split Penalties' is enabled, the Break & Split tab is removed from the Location Record. Any Break Rules already configured on the Location Record will need to be reconfigured on the Break Rules tab.
Split Rules Tab
The Split Rules tab contains Rule Groups for Split Shift and Clopening Rules.
Split Shift and/or Clopening Rules can be created to comply with your organization's policies and/or your local labor laws for split shifts and clopening shifts. Split Rules will look at the length of the break between two shifts worked in the same day. Clopening Rules look at the length of the break between two shifts on consecutive days.
When a Location is applied to the Rule Group, these penalties are represented on the Schedule Calendar, as well as in Labor Reporting and Dashboards for the Location.
Important Note: The Split Rules tab is only available for Early Adopters. When 'Break and Split Penalties' is enabled, the Break & Split tab is removed from the Location Record. Any Split Shift Rules already configured on the Location Record will need to be reconfigured on the Split Rules tab.
Minor Rules Tab
Set Minor Rules based on Federal and State Labor Laws for Employees under 18 years old to ensure that all regulations are followed accordingly as the Scheduler sets the schedule. Click here to learn more about Minor Rules.
The Tip Makeup tab displays Rule Groups for Tip Makeup rules. Here, Users can create, view, and edit these Rule Groups.
Tip Makeup Rules are applied when the hourly rate for an Employees' weekly wages, including tips, falls below the minimum wage. Any Tip Makeup earnings will be included in labor dollar and labor percentage amounts for Labor Trends, OT Performance, and the Schedule vs Actual report. Tip Makeup earnings can be viewed on the Daily Sales Summary when reviewing Labor.
Labor Matrix Tab
The Labor Matrix is only available when Smart Labor is enabled for your database. The Labor Matrix is the foundation for the the Labor configuration when forecasting Labor. Click here to learn more about the Labor Matrix.
Pay Periods Tab
This tab is only available when the Punch Edit Auto-Lock feature is enabled for your database. Pay Periods track the time frames in which Employees are paid and, when the Punch Edits feature is enabled, will include an auto-lock functionality where the 'Labor' section on each Daily Sales form for a given Pay Period is locked after a set time frame. Click here to learn more about Pay Periods and the Punch Edit Auto-Lock feature.