This feature is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn about the Smart Ops Release.
The Manager Tools page provides access to four key Managerial Functions: Announcements, Blackout Days, and Events. From this page, Users can navigate between these different lists to view a list of all items past, current, and upcoming. Users who have access to this page are also able to create new Announcements, Blackout Days, and Events as well as create custom saved views of each tab for an easy view into their details.
Note: This is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles can view, create, update, and delete Announcements, Blackout Days, and Events:
- Full Access
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Restaurant Manager
Learn more about security access via the Security Role Descriptions training article.
Begin with navigating to Smart Ops by clicking 'Smart Operations NEW!' in either the Operations or Scheduling module. This will load the Smart Ops home screen.
- Note: Users with the 'Restaurant Manager' Primary Security Role will be automatically directed to the Smart Ops home screen upon logging into the system.
In the left navigation pane, click 'Manager Tools' under 'Labor' to open the Manager Tools page.
1) Announcements Tab - This tab lists all of the details Announcements sent out to Employees. Announcements can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about the Announcements tab
2) Blackout Days Tab - This tab lists all of the details related to Blackout Days, or days that Employees cannot request off. Blackout Days can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about the Blackout Days tab
3) Events Tab - This tab lists the details about Events that may affect the restaurant, such as local sporting events, conferences, ect. Events can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about the Events tab
4) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
5) + Create - This will enable the User to create one of the following:
Announcements are used to communicate important messages to Employees. When created, Announcements alert Employees via the preferred contact method listed on their Employee form. Click here to learn more about Announcements.
A Blackout Day restricts Employees from requesting Time Off for a certain day, such as a holiday. Click here to learn more about Blackout Days.
Enter Events in your area that may have an effect on your Restaurant Location, such as a sporting event, conference, or concert, among others. Click here to learn more about Events.