This feature is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn about the Smart Ops Release.
The Manager Tools page provides access to the following key managerial functions: Announcements, Blackout Days, Events, Request Cutoffs, and Time Off. From this page, Users can navigate between these different lists to view a list of all items past, current, and upcoming.
Users who have access to this page can create new Announcements, Blackout Days, and Events, as well as create custom saved views of each tab for an easy view into their details. Users can also edit Request Cutoff cards for their assigned Locations in order to set time restraints for when Employees can submit Time Off Requests.
The Permissions listed here are associated with the Manager Tools page. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here.
Manager Tools Permissions are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- View Announcements
- Edit Announcements
- Create Announcements
- Delete Announcements
- Blackout Days
- View Blackout Days
- Edit Blackout Days
- Create Blackout Days
- Delete Blackout Days
- View Events
- Edit Events
- Create Events
- Delete Events
- Manager Tools
- View Request Cutoff Settings
- Edit Request Cutoff Settings
- View Schedule Page
- Note: This permission grants access to the 'Time Off' tab
- View Schedule Page
- Manager Tools
Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
To access this page, first navigate to Smart Ops. In the left navigation pane, click 'Manager Tools' under 'Labor' to open the Manager Tools page.
In addition to the list functions explained below, lists can also be filtered to display in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. The list can then be further filtered after the initial sort by holding down the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and clicking any other column header.
1) Announcements Tab - This tab lists all of the details Announcements sent out to Employees. Announcements can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about Announcements
2) Blackout Days Tab - This tab lists all of the details related to Blackout Days, or days that Employees cannot request off. Blackout Days can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about Blackout Days
3) Events Tab - This tab lists the details about Events that may affect the restaurant, such as local sporting events, conferences, ect. Events can be created from the 'Create +' button (#6). Click here to learn more about Events
4) Request Cutoffs Tab - This tab lists a Request Cutoff card for every Restaurant Location. Users with the necessary security access can edit these cards to ensure that Employee Requests are submitted within an acceptable time frame. Click here to learn more about Request Cutoffs
5) Time Off Tab - This tab lists all Time Off Requests. Here, Users can review new and historical Time Off Requests for all Locations in one place. Additionally, individual Time Off Requests can be approved, denied, or cancelled. Learn more about the Time Off tab here.
6) Search Bar - This will filter the listing for the characters entered
7) + Create - This will enable the User to create one of the following:
Announcements are used to communicate important messages to Employees. When created, Announcements alert Employees via the preferred contact method listed on their Employee form. Click here to learn more about Announcements.
A Blackout Day restricts Employees from requesting Time Off for a certain day, such as a holiday. Click here to learn more about Blackout Days.
Enter Events in your area that may have an effect on your Restaurant Location, such as a sporting event, conference, or concert, among others. Click here to learn more about Events.
Admin Users have the option to set time and day requirements that Employees will need to follow when submitting Time Off Requests. Admin Users can also select the daily or weekly amount of requests that can be approved before requests are auto-denied. Click here to learn more about Request Cutoffs.
All Time Off Requests are listed on this tab. This tab allows Users to review new and historical Time Off Requests for all Locations in one place. Additionally, individual Time Off Requests can be approved, denied, or cancelled. Learn more about the Time Off tab here.
Users with Manager Tools access can also create Time Off Requests on behalf of Employees. Learn more about creating a Time Off Request for an Employee, here.