This is a part of the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn about the Smart Ops Release.
The Employee form holds all Employee information and communication Settings for an Employee. Once a new Employee is entered in the POS, an Employee form will be automatically created for them when the DSS is polled that night. Employee forms can be updated at any time to reflect a promotion or limit Employee access to the system. All forms can be accessed and managed in the Employees list of the Smart Ops Release.
Onboarding a new Employee? Click here to learn how to enter new Employees into R365.
Note: When initially creating an Employee form, the 'Jobs' tab will not be present. Upon saving, return and update the 'Jobs' and 'Responsibilities' tabs.
Once a new Employee is entered into the POS, their information will be polled into R365 at the end of the night with the Daily Sales Summary. Therefore, there are only rare circumstances when an Employee record would be manually created. Consult with your Coach/CSM or R365 Support before manually creating an Employee record.
Create an Employee Form
Create an Employee form by clicking the '+ Create' button in the top, right corner of the Employees list page. An 'Employee Form' sidesheet will then open with multiple tabs that should be filled out with new Employee information.
The header of the Employee Form includes four action items:
- - This will save the form
- - This will enable the User to upload files to the form
- - This will open the Help Menu, which includes multiple resources that can assist in creating an Employee form
- - This will expand the sidesheet to full screen. Clicking the minimizing icon that appears in its place will return it back to its original size
- - This will close out the sidesheet without saving any changes made
Note: Almost all tabs on the Employee form can be filtered and/or have columns updated to show/hide in each tab's grid.
General Information Tab
This tab includes three sections: Basic Information, Employee Settings, and Account Settings.
- Note: If 'POS' was set as your Organization's Employee Master, keep in mind that certain fields will be updated nightly based on your POS System. Contact your Coach/CSM or R365 Support for more information.
1) Upload Photo - This enables a photo to be uploaded for the Employee. This image will show in various places in R365, including the Scheduling screen
2) Employee Full Name - The full name of the Employee
3) Email - The Employee's email address. If an Employee is marked as 'Inactive', this field will not be required unless the App Access box (#15) is checked
- Note: When R365 Payroll Single Sign On (SSO) is enabled, this email field is listed as read-only. To edit the field, temporarily uncheck the 'App Access' box, update the email address, recheck the 'App Access' box, and then save the record
4) Phone Number - The Employee's phone number, which is required for text messaging and R365 Messaging
5) Preferred Contact Method - This setting will determine how the Employee receives notifications from R365, including alerts, announcements, and Manager Log alerts. Contact method options are:
- Both Text & Email
6) Address - The Employee's Address. Click into the field to enter in or update details
7) Birthday - The Employee's Birthday. Entering in birthdays will then provide Birthday indicators on the Manager Log Calendar View
8) Hire Date - The date the Employee was hired. This is for informational purposes only
9) Text Messaging - When checked, this will enable the Employee to receive text message updates for Password resets, Scheduling Announcements, ect.
- Note: If an Employee feels uncomfortable participating or if they are banned from messaging due to inappropriate messaging, then uncheck this box to prevent them from accessing and using Employee Messaging on the R365 Red App
11) Break Waiver - When checked, this is used to help track and pay for Break and Split Shift Violations
12) Exclude Labor Hours - When checked, this will exclude Labor Hours or Labor $ on the Employee's time card. This helps to not skew Labor calculations for Scheduling and Forecasting and works in conjunction with set Overtime Rule Groups
13) Inactive - When checked, this will deactivate the Employee form and suspend access to R365. Click here to learn more about marking an Employee as 'Inactive'
- Note: When an Employee is marked as 'Inactive', the Email (#3) field will no longer be required unless the App Access box (#15) is checked
14) Exclude OT - When checked, this will ensure that the Employee does not receive any Overtime pay on their time card for any hours worked beyond the time frame set for OT Rule Group(s), if set. If not set, this will default OT to over 40 hours a week. This helps to not skew Labor calculations for Scheduling and Forecasting and works in conjunction with Overtime Rule Groups
15) App Access - When checked, this will automatically create a User form for this Employee and assign them the 'Employee App Access' Security Role. The Employee access to the system, including their Location access and access to Manager Log, would then be managed and updated on their User form. Click here to learn more information on User Location and Security Roles. Click here for more information on Employee App Access
16) Exclude Labor $ - When checked, this will display the total Labor Hours for the Employee but the Employee's Labor $ will not impact the total Labor $ for their corresponding Location(s). This helps to not skew Labor calculations for Scheduling and Forecasting and works in conjunction with set Overtime Rule Groups
17) Primary Location - The Employee's primary/default Location. Click the Source Linkto view this Location record
- Note: Receiving an error message when updating this field? Click here to learn how to resolve this error
18) Payroll ID - The Employee's Payroll ID
Employee Notes Tab
This tab tracks all notes documented for this specific Employee. Employee Notes can be for a myriad of reasons, such as 'No Show', 'Late for Shift', 'Exceptional Service', and more.
While the 'Employee Notes' tab is where all records are stored for a specific Employee, Restaurant Managers cannot create an Employee Note on this tab. Rather, they can be created in one of the following areas:
- Daily Sales Summary: 'Labor' Tab - Select the desired Employee, type the Employee Note, and click 'Save Note'
- Manager Log: Daily Overview - Open the Daily Overview and click 'Labor'. This is hyperlinked to a listing of all Employees who worked for that day. Select the desired Employee, type the Employee Note, and click 'Save Note'
- Manager Log Menu - Hover over the Manager Log menu and then the 'Note' sub-menu and click 'Employee'. This will open to an open field where an Employee Note can be entered and saved
This list shows all the detailed Labor Punches when this Employee has clocked in and out of the POS and at which Location(s).
This tab displays all the Locations where this Employee form exists on a POS.
The Availability tab lists the Employee's weekly availability. This information is then used in the Scheduling module as a visual flag to assist the Scheduler in assigning shifts.
1) Available All Day - Toggle this to mark the Employee as available at any point during the day
2) Unavailable All Day - Toggle this to mark the Employee as unavailable for a given day
3) Partial Availability - Toggle the time range that the Employee is available to work
This tab will only appear once the Employee form is saved. On this tab, Jobs assigned to the Employee can be added for set Locations. In addition to selecting the Job and Location, Users can add an Employee rating, which will not be visible to the Employee and can assist in Scheduling, and the Employee's Pay Rate. Click the '+ Add' button to add the Job to this tab.
- Note: If no Jobs are added, the corresponding Employee will be hidden from the Schedule Calendar.
Job Responsibilities can be selected and added to this tab of the Employee form. Job Responsibilities enable Users to further specify the Job that the Employee will be doing. For example, a Job might be listed as 'Cook', but Job Responsibilities will further detail the Job, such as 'Fryer' or 'Grill'. Job Responsibilities assist in Scheduling.
To add a Job Responsibility, simply search and select the Job Responsibility from the 'Job Responsibilities' selector and then click '+ Add'. Repeat this for all Job Responsibilities assigned to this Employee.