Users with managerial access can create and enter Inventory Counts via the R365 Red App. While entering in item quantities, all progress is saved and displayed visually for both individual Storage Locations and the entire count. Any discrepancies that exist between the previous count and the current count will display an alert flag that can then be examined and corrected, if necessary, before marking the count as ready for approval.
After a count is marked as 'Completed', Users with approval access will need to review and approve the count from a web browser.
Note: This feature is currently only available for Early Adopters.
Create an Inventory Count
An Inventory Count can be created by clicking thebutton at the bottom of the Inventory Counts list.
When the new count opens, enter in the following fields and begin the count, as described below.
1) Location - The Location that will be taking the count, which will auto-populate to the User's default Location. By tapping this field, the User can select a different Location from a listing of all Locations that are assigned to them
2) Select Template - A listing of all Inventory Templates that are associated with the selected Location. This field will be inactive until a Location is selected. Once selected, the User can choose the desired template by tapping this field and then selecting the template from the listing
3) Date - The date that this count is taken. This is defaulted to the current day
4) Start New Count - This will start the count based on the selections made
5) Close - This will close the screen without saving the information entered
Enter Count Quantities
When the 'Start New Count' button is clicked, the screen will display an overview of the template.
1) Storage Locations - A list of all Storage Locations on the selected template
2) Storage Location Entry Percentage - This percentage displays the percentage of count completion for the corresponding Storage Location. This will update as entries are made
3) Count Entry Percentage - This blue line visually displays the percentage of count completion for the entire Inventory Count. This will update as entries are made
4) Completed - This marks the count as complete. This button will be inactive until all items are counted
5) Count Total - The total cost associated with the count. This will update as each quantity is entered
6) Back - This will return the User to the previous screen at any point in the count process
Tap the first Storage Location to open a listing of all its related items.
All items will then be listed for the selected Storage Location. Select the first item to open the item details. Click 'Back' in the bottom corner of the calculator to remove the entry and then enter the correct amount of the item.
Then, click 'Enter' to move to the next item or the next line, if listed. Users can also navigate to the next item by clicking the forward arrowlisted in the top corner of the window.
- Note: Users can easily swipe left or right to move forward or backward, respectively, between items.
Users can move between Storage Locations by clicking theandbuttons at the bottom of the count screen to view the previous and following, respectively, Storage Location's items list. Ensure that all items are counted for each Storage Location.
Review the Count
Once all count entries are made, ensure to review the count for items that are marked with an alert flag.
Items will appear in red and display an alert flagnext to the item when there is a discrepancy with the entry quantity. These discrepancies will arise when one of the following occur:
- 'Less than Half' - This will display if the entry is half or less of the item quantity from the last count
- 'Twice as Much' - This will display if the entry is double or more of the item quantity from the last count
- '0 Quantity' - This will display when '0' was entered for this count but had a quantity entered in the last count
In addition to this, an alert flag will appear in the top, right corner of the Storage Location screen to display that potential issues exist within the count. These items should be reviewed and can be updated if needed by tapping the item line and editing the entry. Items without issues will display a checkmark
Move on to the next Storage Location by clicking thebutton at the bottom of the count screen.
Complete the Count
When all entries are made, return to the Storage Locations list and click 'Complete'. This will save the count and lock Restaurant Managers from making any additional changes. This count will then move to the 'Complete' tab where it can be approved by higher level access Users.