Item Transfers can be created on the fly as needed from the Item Transfers page. Once a Transfer form is sent to its Receiving Location, the status of the Transfer will be updated on the 'Transfers' tab. Click here to learn more about Transfer Statuses and Workflows.
Note: This feature is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Create a Transfer
Navigate to the Item Transfers page and on either the 'Transfers' or 'Templates' tab, click the '+ Create' button and select 'Transfer'. This will open the New Transfer modal.
1) Number - The number associated with the Item Transfer
2) Date - The date that the transfer was created
3) Status - The status of the transfer, which will default to 'In Progress'. This status will remain in place until the Item Transfer is sent to the Receiving Location. Click here to learn more about Transfer Status and Workflow
4) Transfer From - The Location sending the transfer. The User will be able to select only from the Locations that they have access to
5) Transfer To - The Location receiving the transfer
6) Template Selector - The option to use a Transfer Template created for the Sending Location. Selecting a template will auto-fill the form with the details entered on that template
7) Search Bar - This allows the User to search the listing for the term entered in this field
8) + Bulk Add - This will open a modal where the User can add items by their Category. This process is explained in more detail in the following section
9) + Add Item - This will open a footer menu where the User can search and add items individually. This process is explained in more detail in the following section
10) Total - The total amount of the items being transferred
11) Save - This will save the entries made to the form
12) Send - This will send the Item Transfer to the Receiving Location, lock the form from being edited, and updates the Status to 'Pending'. The User will have to submit a comment via the 'Comment' modal that the Receiving Store will view. Click here to learn about Transfer Statuses
13) Full Screen - This will expand the modal to full screen. This can then return back to the original size by clicking the minimize icon
14) Close - This will close out the modal without saving
Below the Transfer form details, a Comment Box is listed to record all notes sent between the Sending and Receiving Locations. When a form is sent, rejected, or canceled, the User is required to enter a comment detailing the reason for the action taken.
Items can either be added individually or in bulk. Each option corresponds with the 'Add' button listed above the Items listing.
Add Items Individually
Items can be added individually by clicking thebutton above the Items listing, which will be enabled once the form's General Information is entered. In clicking this button, the 'Add New Row' footer menu will appear where items can be added to the form.
1) Item - The name of the purchased Item. At least two characters need to be added for options to appear in the drop-down listing. Once an item is selected, the other fields will auto-populate with the information set on the corresponding Purchased Item record
2) Unit of Measure - The Purchased Item's Unit of Measure
3) Quantity - The amount of the item that should be transferred
- Note: This field can allow a quantity entered with up to two decimals of precision
4) Each Amt - The current cost of the item at the Sending Location
5) Total - The Quantity (#3) multiplied by Each Amt (#4)
6) Add Another - This box is checked by default and will keep the footer menu open after each item is added when checked. If unchecked, this menu will automatically close when an item has been added to the Items listing
7) Cancel - This will close the footer menu without adding any additional Items. In addition to this button, the 'X Close' button will appear in place of the '+ Add Item' button above the Items grid that will also close out the footer menu when clicked
8) Add Item - This will add the item and its details to the Items listing
Add Items in Bulk
Items can be added in bulk by Item Category by first clicking thebutton above the Items listing.
In the modal, select the desired Item Category name and number and then click the 'Add # Items'. All Items will then be added to the Items listing.
Enter Quantities and Send Form
When all items are added, ensure to enter the quantities of each item if not done so when adding items to the form and then save and send the form to the Receiving Location, unless otherwise noted by your Organization.
Review the Transfer Status and Workflow to ensure that this Item Transfer is properly documented in R365.
Delete a Transfer Form
Item Transfers can be deleted at any time up until the Transfer is approved. Any User from the Sending Location can delete a Transfer when it has a status of 'In Progress' or 'Rejected', but when the Transfer has a status of 'Pending' or 'Completed', only Users with one of the following Security Roles and access to both the Sending and Receiving Locations can delete it:
- Full Access (Primary)
- Accounting Manager (Primary)
- Approve Item Transfer (Secondary)
To delete a Transfer, open the form and click the Context Menuin the top, right corner of the modal. From this menu, click 'Delete' and a confirmation modal will appear to confirm the form deletion. Once confirmed, the form will be deleted.