R365 Payroll is a standalone feature, so when it is added to your current R365 plan, your Organization will receive an additional link specifically for R365 Payroll. While having a separate link is advantageous to provide to your Human Resources team, it may not be ideal for Users who navigate between their R365 database and R365 Payroll on a consistent basis.
Your Organization has the option to set up Single Sign On (SSO) between your R365 database and R365 Payroll so that it is easier and faster to navigate to R365 Payroll from your R365 database.
This article reviews the following:
- Payroll SSO Setup Process
- Payroll Portal
- Additional Payroll Features
Users with the following Security Roles will be able to grant access to and use the listed SSO features for R365 Payroll, when enabled:
- Full Access (Primary)
- Accounting Manager (Primary)
- Payroll Clerk (Secondary)
Ensure that all Payroll Admins have the same email address entered on their User records in both R365 Payroll and your Organization's R365 database before requesting Payroll SSO. After setup is complete, Users will be unable to update the email address on their User record.
Payroll SSO Setup Process
The Payroll SSO Setup Process is as follows:
- A member from your Organization contacts R365 Support about setting up Payroll SSO
- Note: When SSO is setup for your Organization, all Users with one of the above listed Security Roles will be able to access R365 Payroll SSO via the portal listed below. Therefore, ensure that all Users who have access to R365 Payroll are notified and have matching email addresses in your R365 database
- R365 Support will enable Payroll SSO for your Organization and confirm the update with the Organization member
- Each User will have to complete a one-time link between their R365 database and R365 Payroll. After logging into their R365 database, the User will need to enter their R365 Payroll credentials after navigating to the Payroll portal. A Login Authentication will occur and will provide the User direct access to R365 Payroll after this initial connection
Once this process is complete, all R365 Payroll Users will be able to easily navigate to R365 Payroll from their R365 database.
When Payroll Single Sign On is enabled, navigate to the module selector in your R365 database and select 'Payroll' from the listing. During the User's first navigation to R365 Payroll, the User will need to enter their login credentials for R365 Payroll and complete a Login Authentication.
The User will see the above modal and then will receive and need to enter a Validation Code sent to their phone or email.
Once validated during the initial navigation, the User will be directed to R365 Payroll's Main Menu when 'Payroll' is selected in the module selector each time.
Additional Payroll Features
A 'Payroll' menu and a Payroll Journal Entries listing will be added when Payroll SSO is enabled for your Organization's R365 database.
Users will have a 'Payroll' menu enabled in the top ribbon. From this menu, the following options are provided:
- Payroll Journal Entry - This will open a new Payroll Journal Entry
- Payroll Connect - This will electronically send punch details. Click here to learn more about Payroll Connect
- Payroll Export - This will enable the User to run the R365 Payroll Export report, which will produce Payroll data that can be imported into R365 Payroll to process Payroll Batches
- Note: Users with the above listed Security Access will be able to view and run this report without updating their Report Role
Payroll Journal Entries Listing
Users can view a listing of all Payroll Journal Entries in R365 by simply clicking 'Payroll Journal Entries' under 'Payroll' in the Scheduling module.